PDA

View Full Version : Honda RC 31 (Hawk) roller F/S

JWinter
May 31st, 2009, 10:22 AM
I have a Hawk roller for sale and it includes: frame, swingarm, rear wheel, F2 frontend, racing clipons, woodcraft rearsets, dented fuel tank, and steering dampner. I have no title. Asking $350.

Jeff

ChickenStrip
June 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
and a radiator?

Jon
June 1st, 2009, 05:56 PM
I wonder if that used to be mine. I raced a Hawk for several years and had made the switch to an F2 front end. I know after winning the Supertwins title on it back in like 96 the next person who bought it, Bill Peoples blew it up. I always wondered what became of it. What's colors the tank? Oh hell wait a minute it's been 13 years the chance of that being mine like a bazillion to one right?

ChickenStrip
June 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
If anybody is interested in buying this, I have enough extra parts to build another hawk except for a fuel tank and a radiator.

dave.gallant
June 1st, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hmmm -- Tempting Jeff.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/angusluna/img026.jpg

JWinter
June 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
I was originally going to build a super single with this chassis. And I still will....because I have 2 complete chassis. I am looking for an XR 650 R motor for my other chassis. Or thought about a Raptor motor.

So many motorcycles and so little cash to do what I want.

Jeff

dave.gallant
June 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Ditch the XR650 motor and stick to the modern dirtbike engines. mid 50s in HP is what the XR will do, and that is probably what your 450/500 already is at with the (relatively) same reliability and less weight and better pick up.

ChickenStrip
June 4th, 2009, 07:45 AM
This is the Hawk that got me excited about building one....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/Hawklt1.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/Hawkrt1.jpg

These are pictures from www.hiperform.com. They sell alot of performance parts for the NT650. I got the subframe and tail from them.

Jon
June 4th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Hawks are very cool bikes it's just too bad Honda gave them a three valve engine. I raced one won a championship, sold it and have missed it ever since. Let the RC 31 live again!

Scored51
June 4th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hawks are very cool bikes it's just too bad Honda gave them a three valve engine. Let the RC 31 live again!

The good news about Honda's poor engineering decision is the three valve head make it legal for Colorado Class out to 700cc! If you got 'em, bring 'em.

Jon
June 4th, 2009, 01:11 PM
There lies the problem...........nobodies got em anymore. Cept for my buddy Jerry Anderson and his is cornholed. Remember the awsome time we used to have back in the day? I still have pictures of me, him, Pat Richarson and JT banging bars. One where Pats crashing his brains out and we're avoiding him. Them there were the days

marty
June 4th, 2009, 02:38 PM
There lies the problem...........nobodies got em anymore. Cept for my buddy Jerry Anderson and his is cornholed. Remember the awsome time we used to have back in the day? I still have pictures of me, him, Pat Richarson and JT banging bars. One where Pats crashing his brains out and we're avoiding him. Them there were the days
oh i don't think colorado class has changed much since then :twisted: sorry jeff, couldn't resist

Scored51
June 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
oh i don't think colorado class has changed much since then :twisted: sorry jeff, couldn't resist

:lol: :lol: :lol: My milk just came back up through my nose! When I stop laughing I'll finish my post...

JWinter
June 4th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I make one aggressive pass that goes wrong and look what happens! Thanks Marty.

Actually Jon in Europe Honda still makes the Hawk motor, but now it is a four valve head, fuel injected, and 700cc stock. It will bolt right into an RC 31 chassis and the thought has crossed my mind to do it.

Jeff

marty
June 4th, 2009, 08:52 PM
I make one aggressive pass that goes wrong and look what happens! Thanks Marty.
Jeff
i only poke fun cause i almost did the same thing with you, me and seann the first race at pmp :lol:

JWinter
June 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Brian, the hiperform stuff got me twisted about Hawks too. I have always liked the RC 31 chassis but not the motor. I was looking to put a Raptor 660 or 700 in the chassis but I now have a 250 GP chassis and a really cool build coming down the pipeline in the next year or so.

Plus I have another complete Hawk chassis. So I will eventually build the race Hawk.

I have seen used newer European engine versions for sale on the web, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jeff

ChickenStrip
June 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Brian, the hiperform stuff got me twisted about Hawks too. I have always liked the RC 31 chassis but not the motor.
Jeff

What I use the Hawk for I don't need big power. Right now I think its fast enough.

All I plan to do is 700cc big bore kit and carbs. If I would change the engine I would have to put another V Twin in it. I think the Chassis and the Engine are a good match.

The only thing I did to my hawk that I didnt like was the VFR rear wheel and the 600f2 front end. I think when I put the bigger wheels on the bike, it felt heavier in the turns. Otherwise an awesome bike.