PDA

View Full Version : Custom Mapping

Budd435
December 27th, 2005, 02:48 PM
My wife got me a PC3 usb for Christmas. She's the best.
I down loaded a map into it that matches my bike, (pipe and air filter).
My question is should get a custom map for the altitude? Or will this map work OK for now?

hcr25
December 27th, 2005, 04:10 PM
i think that map will work fine for now.Once it gets warmer and you are riding the bike harder i would get it mapped.mike

PS will you change the spelling in your signature to MORSE racing products.
Thanks mike

Budd435
December 27th, 2005, 08:37 PM
So, a map made for sea level will work at our altitude? My bike wont run too rich?
Or will the fuel injection correct for the altitude because of the MAP sensor?
I plan on getting a custom map, I just want a starting point for now, I may get more "go faster" stuff later that I would have to remap again.

dave.gallant
December 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Suzuki's and Ducati's can correct up 32 percent or so, but in practice they are not pefect in going from sea level to our altitude.

That said, I know of quite a few bikes that were mapped at sea level and then run here just fine. The problems are usually when you map here and go to sea level (although fuel plays a big part here too)

At least in my case I had to richen up to get rid of the jerkiness because even though I was running great up here, at sea level it couldn't correct enough and was a pain in the ass on/off throttle.

Hondas could be better, could be worse, who knows. :) I think you will be just fine. If it sucks, get it mapped - there are plenty of Dynos around the Metro area (and no, I won't suggest any. Last time I did that I got in trouble! :D)

benfoxmra95
December 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I have to say that, the type of pipe you have on your bike will have a direct effect as to what map you'll need.

I have seen times when people buy a power commander and use one of dynojets generic maps and the thing will make less power than without.

you can't feel if the air fuel ratio is right. More than likely the dynojet map will be too rich.

I would have to say that you really should ask someone who's got a lot of dyno time with your specific bike and see what they say as you can't compare apples to oranges.

I'd really suggest not just going with one of the dynojet maps, and getting it tuned properly.

I can think of at least two shops up in the denver area that are close to you that I'd check out. There may be more but I am not sure.

Ben Fox

dave.gallant
December 28th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Yeah, what he said.

rforsythe
December 28th, 2005, 09:32 AM
TK Motorsports and Faster Cycle both have dyno tuning capability. I don't think TFOG does, but if they do they're good people as well. A thought there might be a third shop, but cannot for the life of me remember who this early in the morning.

JohnGarc
August 25th, 2008, 05:08 PM
test

Jon
September 26th, 2008, 07:32 PM
If you look at Dynojets site they sate that the maps online are 90% correct and that most bikes will do the rest.

Hotrod
September 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Holy thread revival, Batman!
:D

benfoxmra95
September 28th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Yeah really, if jon was only riding like he was in 2005 then I'd be in front of him in ror. :)

Jon that 2005 grid girls calender in your garage needs to be thrown out! It's 2008