PDA

View Full Version : The RS 450F for sale

JWinter
May 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Just a feeler to see if there is any local interest in my 125/450 hybrid. It will not be available until after the season is complete. I am looking to develop a new GP machine next year.

What you get:
2 sets of '05 full body work
set of stock wheels
set of Marchesini wheels
Misc suspension parts

Motor has a new "Ice Cube" cylinder that is a big bore too 498cc.
The motor is a '05 CRF 450X which has a wide ratio tranny, and electric start. The RS chassis is a '98-'00 production version. All fab work done by the one and only Jay Wright (Bare Bones Machine).

These bikes cost a lot to build, and my firm selling price would be $11,000

Jeff

dave.gallant
May 28th, 2009, 09:07 PM
wow.

please dont sell it.

(what are you building next??)

May 28th, 2009, 09:16 PM
this little bike gets with it!

yeah, Jeff...just what do you have in the works now?

s.

dave.gallant
May 28th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Raptor 700 motor in an RS250 chassis is my bet.

(or at least, that is what I would like him to build for me!)

Scored51
May 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
There's nothing to see here folks, just keep moving on to another post. This is just a very bad joke where someone has figured out Jeff's password to his forum account. We (me and Dave's goat... or was it Tony's?) will hunt that individual down and beat him to a pulp. If it turns out to be Jeff, we'll beat him twice as much!

JWinter
May 31st, 2009, 10:26 AM
This is some sick joke here! Somebody must have got my password and posted this nonsense?!

I have been threatened harm by more than a few people (including my wife) for even considering the sale of the RS. So I guess I will just have to keep it.

Jeff

Dodd
May 31st, 2009, 01:05 PM
Glad your goning to keep it, however the Raptor motor in the RS 250 has my mind doing backflips- I would have loved to see what it looked like-

froth
May 31st, 2009, 02:21 PM
Or, RZ350 lower and punches it out to about 500cc's, and then stuffs it into a TS250..... Or the Aprillia 550 twin in a TZ250...Jeeze, I need the lottery! This is too much fun!

Scored51
May 31st, 2009, 04:40 PM
Glad your goning to keep it, however the Raptor motor in the RS 250 has my mind doing backflips- I would have loved to see what it looked like-

Until you can get one to spin over 13k rpm, it's best to rest on the couch. The torque numbers are impressive, but the current crop of 450 singles can develop far more horsepower even when the Raptors are punched out to 770cc (hp is low to mid 50's at 6500rpm). It's a bit like a semi truck. It accelerates relatively slowly, but it's not slowed down by pulling 30,000 lbs (of bananas!) As you can tell, I've already done a lot of back flips over this one.

marty
May 31st, 2009, 05:53 PM
why you guys always hatin' on gp bikes, go cut up an old r6 or sumpthin :lol:

Scored51
May 31st, 2009, 06:25 PM
There's nooooo hate here. We're just gettin' along like one big 'appy family. But since you mention it... are you done usin' dat TZ of yours? :twisted:

marty
May 31st, 2009, 09:04 PM
There's nooooo hate here. We're just gettin' along like one big 'appy family. But since you mention it... are you done usin' dat TZ of yours? :twisted:
we got a few more races for me to try to yardsale that thing. talk to me in september :P

froth
June 1st, 2009, 06:04 AM
Hate,no, jealousy, maybe, love, definitely! Back to work I go.

Scored51
June 1st, 2009, 10:12 AM
we got a few more races for me to try to yardsale that thing. talk to me in september :P

Ooh, I do like a good yard sale!

dave.gallant
June 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM

Ooh, I do like a good yard sale!

Marty - I had this talk with Brownie already this season. You are done crashing for the season. Thats it. You've had yours; gone and done it; used your allotment; no more for the season. :)

Scored51
June 1st, 2009, 10:50 PM
I agree with Dave. Marty, I just hope you're healing up so you'll be back on the grids soon.

marty
June 2nd, 2009, 01:10 AM
I agree with Dave. Marty, I just hope you're healing up so you'll be back on the grids soon.
i should be back for pmp. i 'm just a bit more aero now :shock: :lol: