PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to the MRA and MPH staff.

toptier
May 26th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I would like to extend my gratitude to all the people involved in helping me with my off track excursion. The crew at MPH, ambulance crew, MRA corner workers, and all the great folks in the MRA for helping to see if I was alright and help my wife load the trailer. I would like to thank Tammy and Erik Cromer's mom for keeping an eye on me to make sure I didn't have a concussion. And Mark for keeping my wife calm during the whole ordeal.

Here's what I recall from my accident. If any of the corner workers or someone behind me saw what happened maybe you can clear thing up.

I was going into turn 8 and went wide then went into the dirt and was carrying a lot of speed and tried to slow enough before getting to the barrier but then lost it and I think I low sided and slid then hit a big ditch and it sent me flying. After the dust settled I was on my face not able to move or breath and in a lot of pain. Luckily nothing serious happened to me, just maybe some bruised head, ribs, shoulders, hip, ankles and a sore neck. I will be visiting the doctor today to go get checked out.

oldtimer
May 26th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Jon we're very thankful you're ok!! Have a good doc visit today and heal up quick. Tim Crump and Aaron were behind you when you went off, talk to them about it next time you see them. Aaron told me he didn't see anyone else involved, but that you were wide driving out of 7 and you ended up off the outside before 8. Glad you're ok.

Throttleroller277
May 26th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Glad you're ok for the most part.

That same ditch is what got me Saturday morning.... 8)

mbohn
May 26th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Glad you're ok, Jon.

ryan
May 26th, 2009, 10:47 AM
glad your ok! i was behind you too and you were in the dirt/grass before turn 8. i saw the cloud of dust as i was in 7, then saw you still tumblin in the grass when i passed. keep us updated!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Good to hear you're ok, buddy. Man, that's not a good place to go off .. sounds like that ditch got both you and Brownie.

stuntriders
May 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
I am so glad that you are ok, that could have been a lot worse.

I am one of the corner workers on a dirt bike, so I was riding around that ditch all weekend. That ditch is definitely NOT sport bike friendly!

eklew
May 26th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Dang man, hope you are okay and the wife is not too freaked out. Let me know if you need anything!

d2dracer
May 26th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Glad your doing... how's the bike?

DOUBLE A
May 26th, 2009, 03:23 PM
wow, good to see your not damaged too bad, get fixed man see you @ HPR, let me know if you need a hand bro, I know how hard it is to nurse wounds & bruises & prep bike for next race!

CELO
May 26th, 2009, 04:42 PM
i'm gald to here that you ok concidering what happened. heal up quick bro.

jprider
May 26th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Glad to know your OK...heal up quickly bro! Hope the wife is doing ok as well.

toptier
May 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone.
Well it turns out I have a very minor concussion, sprained ankles and shoulders, bruised ribs, bruised hip, and a really sore neck. The bike didn't fair to well, but nothing major so far. Just need a new sub frame, exhaust, and fuel tank,

Throttleroller277
May 27th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well at least you didn't damage your pecker!! 8) .....

Heal up quick, as we look forward to seeing you back out there! 8)

toptier
May 27th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Well at least you didn't damage your pecker!! 8) .....

yeah me too. I don't know what I would do if I did :D

jprider
May 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
Let me know brotha if you need some help with anything or getting the bike together. You have my #