PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP Laguna Seca -- Still Need Workers

MRACornerCrew
May 24th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I received the following from USARM
(The group that runs the corner crew at Laguna Seca)

-----------------
Just a note to let folks know that we still need more workers for the
MotoGP event. If you want to work it and haven't sent in your
application yet, get it done NOW before it's too late and all the
positions fill up.

Just go to the MotoGP page on the website for the application and more
information : http://www.usarm.org/motogp.php

Mick Housel
USARM Webmaster
-----------------

Also, I have it from a reliable source that Dr. Ray Rossi will be the Chief Medical Officer for the MotoGP event at Seca. He is a former MRA Racer (RoboDoc), and has been (still is??) medical advisor for MRA, and the AMA, and also for WSBK at Miller. --GO RoboDoc!!

If you have some medical training and are interested in working with the medical crew at Laguna, contact the National Motorcycle Patrol:
National Motorcycle Patrol
PO Box 659
Corte Madera, CA 94976
Phone David Stainbrook at: 415.847.9156
email: DavidStainbrook@yahoo.com
Secondary email: NMP_ana@yahoo.com

shaneboone
May 27th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Hi Joe.
Its been such a L. O. N. G. time since you worked here for the MRA but you'd still drive/fly all the way to Laguna for a T-Shirt and a sack lunch to be part of the experience ? Okay. You know the FIM will probably have 10 to 15 cornerworker per station as MotoGP is huge compared to club racing, but club racing is where todays MotoGP stars start at. I hope someday, maybe this racing season, you and Ellen choose to return to your roots here at the MRA. We always need and value your experience and drive as a corner marshal and gearhead.
BTW, good to hear from you. Later. shane-

MRACornerCrew
May 28th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Shane, (and everyone else)

Well, I worked MotoGP in 2005 & 2006, (also the last years I worked an MRA event). I haven't been to any races since then.

You are a bit low in your estimate of how many workers FIM requires at a MotoGP event. At Laguna they use over 300 'turnworkers'; AT LEAST 30 at every corner, plus 4-6 medical personell, a dozen amubulances, rider transport, etc. The total is somewhere around 40-50 people on EVERY corner. It a huge crew, and a lot of fun. You should try it sometime. I'd like to go this year, but won't be able to.

As for the MRA these past few years, I've still been fielding phone calls and e-mails from folks interested in joining the MRA crew. --This 2009 season I've been in contact with several dozen people. This week alone I've heard from 4 people. The news about HPR has gotten many people excited. Hopefully, most of them have (or will) come out to join you at the track.

I know it's been pretty lean in the worker department for the past few years. Dedicated workers like you are what has enabled the MRA to continue racing --Thanks for keeping the sport alive in Colorado!

I've not completely forgotten my roots as a newbie worker in the MRA, up through the years I was Head Marshal. One of these days I plan to get out and join all of you once more.