PDA

View Full Version : Anyone riding to WSBK?

danawilson
May 20th, 2009, 07:31 AM
Heya, Colorado friends. Been a long time since I've dropped in on the forum ..

Anyone riding out to Miller next week? My brother in-law is leaving Friday morning, May29 and would like some company. He's leaving from Boulder. A good rider on an FJR13.

Thx
-Dana

Jon
May 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Not the most interesting ride as much of it along interstates but you could make it interesting if you were to go through Steamboat and mix in some curvy mountain roads. I bought a plane ticket for cheaper than you can drive there and that's the ticket for me. BTW,If your brother does go through the boat and that route tell him to look out for Elk there everywhere!

danawilson
May 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Not the most interesting ride as much of it along interstates but you could make it interesting if you were to go through Steamboat and mix in some curvy mountain roads. I bought a plane ticket for cheaper than you can drive there and that's the ticket for me. BTW,If your brother does go through the boat and that route tell him to look out for Elk there everywhere!

When Rocky Mountain National Park is open, it's a great ride to go up peak-to-peak, through the park and along I-40. Jump off at Duchesne and do Wolfcreek Pass to Park City.

And yeah, I almost bounced off an elk up there ... damned thing could care less because he knew win the battle.

Keep your ear out for a riding buddy for my bro-inlaw.

-D

Jon
May 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
You got it and don't become the Elk Slayer. :)

d_mob
May 21st, 2009, 12:29 PM
Me and a couple of guys are leaving Thursday afternoon, stopping in Steamboat and then heading to SLC on Friday morning. Looking forward to it...

If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me @ dmobley@rim.com or call @ 720.235.7744.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend! Keep it off the alfalfa! :D

danawilson
May 21st, 2009, 09:22 PM
Me and a couple of guys are leaving Thursday afternoon, stopping in Steamboat and then heading to SLC on Friday morning. Looking forward to it...

If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me @ dmobley@rim.com or call @ 720.235.7744.

Best of luck to everyone this weekend! Keep it off the alfalfa! :D

Thx. I'll pass your number along. Chris is my bro in-law and a very good guy. We'll have the RV parked out in turn 3, so stop by and grab a beer.

-D

d_mob
May 26th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Talked to your bro-in-law. He is meeting us in Steamboat for the second half of the ride. Should be fun!

See ya' at the races -

danawilson
June 17th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Talked to your bro-in-law. He is meeting us in Steamboat for the second half of the ride. Should be fun!

See ya' at the races -

I never got a chance to say "thanks" for riding with Chris, guys. He had a good time, and I hear you guys hauled a$$ along 40. Good fun.

-Dana