PDA

View Full Version : WiFi???????

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Has anybody thought about trying to setup WiFi at the race track? I know pretty much everyone is out at HPR right now but when I was there last night I noticed some laptops. So I was thinking how hard would it be to setup WiFi in designated areas... say near the tower or concession area? (And this would apply to HPR and Pueblo)

bluedevil
May 9th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Not sure on Wifi but my Sprint card doesnt work.

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I was just thinking if there is a phone line then Qwest or whomever could supply a modem and then we could just put a really good wireless router near the demarcation.

I only say that because I know some people may need to do work while at the track or something of that nature and having a "hot spot" at the track would be pretty cool.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM
I'm pretty sure it would cost a small fortune to pull copper or fiber into HPR. I suppose we could set up a satellite connection.

Glenn uses AT&T wireless to connect and I'm using Verizon right now through my phone.

Personally, I'd rather spend the money on a good raceday office, bathrooms with showers, and other stuff since 3G seems to work ok.

PremiumBlend
May 9th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I wasn't sure what connection there is, if one at all currently... but high speed internet is pretty easy to get and I'm sure a monthly plan could be feasible. Just a thought.