PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest things you've said or done while racing?

spitfirekid57
May 3rd, 2009, 07:11 PM
I know this is a stupid topic!!! Ill start, While going down the front straight at pueblo I actually scratched my helmet cause my head itched!

GNGSXR
May 3rd, 2009, 07:54 PM
honking my horn at people who try to pass me.
i should probably remove the horn off my bike.

:lol:

PremiumBlend
May 3rd, 2009, 08:22 PM
I almost missed turn 1 and if I was "mic'd" up like they are in the NFL every other word would have looked like this: !@#$ %^&* ()(*&^%%$

rybo
May 3rd, 2009, 10:15 PM
I was once passed by a fellow MRA racer who was singing

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride"

So loudly that I heard it over our bikes and through my earplugs.

Ray-Ray
May 4th, 2009, 06:59 AM
honking my horn at people who try to pass me.
i should probably remove the horn off my bike.

:lol:

Yeah, I would REMOVE it before the next race weekend!! :)

dirkterrell
May 4th, 2009, 07:59 AM
"Hey, there's a gorilla on that bike!" during an endurance race at PMP last year. :lol:

Dirk

HAMMER
May 4th, 2009, 09:26 AM
i sported a pink bike and a blond pig tails wig for one weekend.... :P

Ashli
May 4th, 2009, 01:03 PM
"Hey, there's a gorilla on that bike!" during an endurance race at PMP last year. :lol:

Dirk

Ohhh Christopher :)

Electroman
May 4th, 2009, 01:03 PM
The night before race school, I didn't get much sleep. All night thinking," Tomorrow I'm going racing. Tomorrow I'm going racing." Woke up early and drove to Pueblo.

I was sooo tired during the mock race I was yawning going down the front straight. Bad combination.

dave.gallant
May 4th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Applehans and I would play rock-paper-scissors on the straights to decide who got to win the LW Endurance race(s) a few years back.

(Yes, Supersport SVs are that slow in a straight line.)

T Baggins
May 4th, 2009, 01:12 PM
I remember going thru the esses at SCR thinking about what I was going to make for dinner, and then worrying about all the laundry I had to do before Monday...

Not great focus for sure.

kfm61
May 4th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Riding the Thruxton gives you time to think! I remember last year laughing at Matt Warner skidding his Thruxton into turn 2 at Pueblo. The skid was so long I can remember looking at other racers target fixing on the smoke coming off his rear tire!

Wild Cheetah 612
May 4th, 2009, 03:27 PM
As I was highsiding, flying through the air with the gentleness of a graceful bird, I thought,"Hey, I'm crashing. Wow! The first one. I wonder if it's going to hurt. You know, I think I'm going to land on my face. I bet that'll......." Then there was nothing

I must have been in the air for five minutes, or so it seemed.

Jon
May 4th, 2009, 04:09 PM
During a racing to safe lifes event I verbally out loud counted laps by saying the coressponding number /lap to my favorite or fellow racer. For instance 1-Dan (Otis) Turner 2-Jamie Hacking and etc. Occasionally I sing to pass the laps (I have to be leading though) and lastly when I come across a larger racer often while lapping them I have been know to say Fat man wants to roadrace but they don't make leathers in his size! Oh yeah there was early season last year after I hot the bird and had bird feathers on my face along with guts in my mouth I'll bet I said Yuck or Sh*t or something

marty
May 4th, 2009, 07:06 PM
... lastly when I come across a larger racer often while lapping them I have been know to say Fat man wants to roadrace but they don't make leathers in his size! Oh yeah there was early season last year after I hot the bird and had bird feathers on my face along with guts in my mouth I'll bet I said Yuck or Sh*t or something

:lol: :lol: i am wiping the tears away :lol: :lol:

kfm61
May 4th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Like Donna said, when highsiding you have time to think! When I went over and hit the ground i felt my shoulder cave in, and thought hmm,,that's broken. then as I'm sliding down the track all I could think about was " $&% damit! I'm scratching my new helmet! "., as I was trying to lift my head I started thinking, "Hey, this is REALLY LOUD!" . The next thought was oh, is that my bike I hear behind me? That's when I started to worry. As it passed me I was thinking, oh man, that WAS a good looking bike. Then I began to hurt.

froth
May 4th, 2009, 07:52 PM
1987 Sand Wash National, Hare and Hound. Hit a giggle bump at set throttle, and neutral body position (aboard a YZ490, with the "fabulous" BASS rear shock) doing somewhere around 80. Got pitched up and over the bars. Kept 'hold of them, so was looking back down at my number-plate, and thought "Wow, this might hurt." The wind pushed me back onto the seat, and I made it to the finish line, for my first (and only) AMA National win. (Later on in the race, a crash tore my front fender off, and I finished looking like a rolling mud fight victem).

Moto-Mania
May 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
I once chopped the throttle on the R1 coming out of T7 at PMP (I don't do this any more), and lost the rear so fast that the bike went out from under me and proceeded on down the track on its side without me. I continued sliding down the track in an upright seated position with my hands out front as if I was still holding on to the handlebars. Burned a nice hole in the seat of my leathers. My wife laughed.

benfoxmra95
May 4th, 2009, 08:44 PM
... lastly when I come across a larger racer often while lapping them I have been know to say Fat man wants to roadrace but they don't make leathers in his size! Oh yeah there was early season last year after I hot the bird and had bird feathers on my face along with guts in my mouth I'll bet I said Yuck or Sh*t or something

:lol: :lol: i am wiping the tears away :lol: :lol:

me too, i almost effin pissed myself over that.

Jon, stay off the weed man, stay off the weed...

-puck-
May 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Puked in my mouth from de-hydration on the grid just before a race. I remember thinking "there is nooooo way I'm running this race this way, and I ain't swallowing either!"...... it would get in the way of my singing. :lol:

Luckily I was able to tilt the helmet back enough to dispose of it just before the lights went off. :oops:

DOUBLE A
May 4th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I kept thinking "god if I do wreck, please let me crash next to a hot cornerworker"!!!

ChickenStrip
May 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
One time I came into turn 8 at PMI to hot (for me) and all I could do was get leaned over and close my eyes. I was thinking "this is going to hurt" I opened my eyes just in time to exit the turn. After that I was thinking that wasn't that bad at all, I can so take that turn faster.

Jon
May 5th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Oh my God all I can think is THANK GOD I DON'T RACE WITH YOU! The way to learn to go fast is by doing so if you close your eyes everytime you go faster not only are you going to eventually crash but you'll take someone with you! Seriosly if you keep your eyes open you'll learn that you can go faster and what the bike does when you do. Close your eyes and lord knows what's going to happen and where it's going to happen at.

Throttleroller277
May 5th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Open or not, half the time I can't see a damn thing till about 2:00pm.... That's why I crashed in RoR O last week, it was too late in the day, and all of sudden I could see everything 8)

ChickenStrip
May 5th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Oh my God all I can think is THANK GOD I DON'T RACE WITH YOU! The way to learn to go fast is by doing so if you close your eyes everytime you go faster not only are you going to eventually crash but you'll take someone with you! Seriosly if you keep your eyes open you'll learn that you can go faster and what the bike does when you do. Close your eyes and lord knows what's going to happen and where it's going to happen at.

I like to close my eyes and go to my happy place when times get tough. Also, it hurts less if you crash with your eyes closed.

GNGSXR
May 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM

I like to close my eyes and go to my happy place when times get tough. Also, it hurts less if you crash with your eyes closed.

f_ck. what color is your bike? i need to stay away from you :shock:

ChickenStrip
May 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Here is a picture of me with my eyes closed in turn 7....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/tandemmark.jpg

Wild Cheetah 612
May 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Open or not, half the time I can't see a damn thing till about 2:00pm.... That's why I crashed in RoR O last week, it was too late in the day, and all of sudden I could see everything 8)
And a beautiful crash it was, with your body in the shape an X with all limbs outstretched doing cartwheels!

Hotrod
May 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Here is a picture of me with my eyes closed in turn 7....

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm76/bdpeterman/tandemmark.jpg

Where did you buy the three-seater? I bet that thing IS a handful in the corners.... :D I would close my eyes too!

ChickenStrip
May 6th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Where did you buy the three-seater? I bet that thing IS a handful in the corners.... :D I would close my eyes too!

Sometimes I get lonely out there... I like to bring a few friends so I have someone to talk to.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
May 6th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Well, I used to race with an IPOD so I did not think about crashing. In Germany my team called me the IPOD kid because of it. I no longer do that and have learned it slowed me down more than it helped me beacuse I worried more about singing than going fast.

Sorry no stories about Colorado racing yet.

cromer611
May 6th, 2009, 09:11 PM
hrm. im sure i can remember some other stuff but, recently I remember saying to myself "is he going to pass.....ah F#ck." as Ara slid away in turn 2. : (

oh and screaming bad language as he passed me on someone elses bike. but that was a different race : P

I guess I ride with my mouth open cuz after every race, I always swallow my tongue on the cooldown lap. Almost puking every time.. . . .

so yea.. :roll:

Spicee Brown
May 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I make facial contusions and curse ..I get passed a lot! LOL.
Oh, one time down Pueblo before turn 1 my glove gauntlet strap was a flappin..I reached over and swatted it with my left hand ( had to close it, damn OCD). Glad no one was behind me ( I was last..or somethin?)..I heard the bike lose power and go BUUUhrrrrwrrrr Woowerrrr.
Hit the red switch by accident. Dont Be OCD>That coulda been bad. Let it flap.

chris nami
May 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
i ran over a rabbit at 2nd creek and it hit my teammate in the face. we were doing about 75-80mph, i looked back as he was trying not to crash all i could think was...wow that rabbit went really far! -C

phildrummond
May 11th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I screamed loud enough for Dale to hear me when he lapped me in middleweight endurance going up T7 at HPR. Clean pass but I checked for blue paint on my bike after.

Nice win, Dale! Hope my screaming didn't scare you.