April 30th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Catalyst Composites vs Sharkskins

Any opinions?

peteremsley
April 30th, 2009, 07:45 PM
What you've got + duct tape :shock:

Jon
April 30th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I've used both and both have very similar characteristics as far as flexibility, quality of construction and both are very easy to fit with well marked drill points. I would have to put down my money with whomever was willing to give me the best price or sponsorship. One other point you may wish to consider is the fact that Bonnie and Mike from Catalyst are located in CA whitch is much closer when it comes to shipping the over sized boxes. So if the price is the same or close you may want to see what the difference in shipping costs are between the two. Like I said, I've worked with both and both companies make a great product and couldn't be run by nicer folks. You are going to pay for the better product but once you hit the deck you'll be glad you did as you'll be left with something that can easily be repaired.

marty
April 30th, 2009, 08:14 PM

:lol: :lol: you know thats how i roll, i keep red, black, silver and clear duct tape with me at the track

mbohn
May 1st, 2009, 05:29 AM

:lol: :lol: you know thats how i roll, i keep red, black, silver and clear duct tape with me at the trackPeter did quite an expert job "repairing" my bodywork on Sunday morning. He da man!

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
May 1st, 2009, 06:59 AM
I've been supported by Sharkskinz for a LONG time. They *always* ship when they say they're going to, follow up on any problems, and are able to make stuff for new and really old bikes quite quickly.

Pete Fitz says their stuff doesn't need hardly any prep before paint.

oldtimer
May 1st, 2009, 08:51 AM
Mark I consider Sharkskinz to be the gold standard for bodywork, but they're pricey. I now have a set of Catalyst and give them high marks, still very nice stuff for a little less $. Recommended.

mbohn
May 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
:lol: :lol: you know thats how i roll, i keep red, black, silver and clear duct tape with me at the trackThen you'll be real happy with what I'm showing up with this weekend!

T Baggins
May 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I say buy a set of both. Then smash them into each other repeatedly and then go with the set that fares the best. You can sell the other set on e-bay. :lol:

marty
May 5th, 2009, 06:43 PM
I say buy a set of both. Then smash them into each other repeatedly and then go with the set that fares the best. You can sell the other set on e-bay. :lol:
long day at the office?

T Baggins
May 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
every day is a long day my friend... :lol:

Jon
May 6th, 2009, 12:44 PM
It's called being a parent I believe