PDA

View Full Version : Class Track Records Updated!!

Scored51
April 29th, 2009, 11:11 PM
The website for the class track records has been updated with our first race of the 2009 season! Six records fell in all, so be sure to check them out at ( www.mra-racing.info ).

Just some interesting facts... Besides the two new records for ROR-GTO and Super Twins GTO, Brad Hendry missed Shane Turpin's Open Superbike record by .003 (yes, three thousandths) of a second. Also Brad's fastest lap is less than 3 tenths of a second off the absolute track record set by Shane in September of 2004. The big Ducati's are definitely fast.

Another note is that almost all but one of the new records were set with another rider under the current records. These honorable mentions include:
- #137 Seann Jordan for Colorado Class
- #14 Shane Turpin for Heavyweight Supersport & Race of the Rockies GTO
- #12 Ricky Orlando for Middleweight Supersport
- #94 Jon Glaefke for Super Twins GTO.

Congrats guys!

PremiumBlend
April 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
those are some fast mofos!! Congrats guys!

marty
April 30th, 2009, 02:17 PM
cough, cough, lap 5 rider 738, cough, cough. yeah it ain't fast, but he got the win so i get the record, cough cough. damn pig flu, cough cough

Racing616
April 30th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Hmmm....less than 3 tenths for the absolute you say? Hmmm......what is that in distance Ralph? lol :)

Scored51
April 30th, 2009, 03:56 PM
... damn pig flu, cough cough

Marty! Is a certain section of your racer's notebook getting a little larger, or just an "imaginative rationalization" for the race? 00--00

marty
April 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
... damn pig flu, cough cough

Marty! Is a certain section of your racer's notebook getting a little larger, or just an "imaginative rationalization" for the race? 00--00

:lol: no i just ran a faster time and got plain ol' out raced by a better rider

Scored51
April 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Hmmm....less than 3 tenths for the absolute you say? Hmmm......what is that in distance Ralph? lol :)

Let's see... You averaged 89.695 mph on that lap, which is approximately 131.5 feet per second. So I'd guess you missed it by about 38 feet 8-1/12 inches. That's just an approximate measure though. :lol:

I definitely need to turn the computer off now and go find something else to do!

Jon
April 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
On a side note, the absolute track record from my recollections was actually captured using the highest technology of the day. That of a handheld stop watch. I wouldn't be surprised if Brad had actually captured it as their remains a bit of human error in the handheld stopwatch. Regardless we've all got something to push for and I even at my ripe old age ain't giving up and lying down just yet!

Moto-Mania
May 1st, 2009, 08:35 PM

Let's see... You averaged 89.695 mph on that lap, which is approximately 131.5 feet per second. So I'd guess you missed it by about 38 feet 8-1/12 inches. That's just an approximate measure though. :lol:

I definitely need to turn the computer off now and go find something else to do!

Chris:

I could be wrong, but I think you blew it.
3/1000 of a second at 90 mph is about 4.7 inches.

Mike

Scored51
May 1st, 2009, 09:38 PM
No Sir,

Three tenths of a second is expressed as 0.3 seconds, while three thousandths is 0.003. I suspect your confusion lies in the fact that Brad did miss a class track record by 0.003 seconds while it was the absolute track record, racing in a different class, that was missed by a little less than 0.3 of a second. It was actually 0.295 which I used in my calculations.

I also suspect if conditions are right the next time we visit Pueblo, we'll be discussing how both records were broken. Thanks for reading the post though!

Racing616
May 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
Yup. :twisted:

Moto-Mania
May 2nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I'm good at math.
I just never learned how to read.