PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 Race Results Posted

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=results_2009

(Yes, I know 2008 results are display incorrectly. Working on it! :D )

Wild Cheetah 612
April 29th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Dude! You are amazing! I told the new kids it'd probably be this weekend before you had them up. Nice work!!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-cheerleader-130.gif

Throttleroller277
April 29th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Nice work Dave

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Dude! You are amazing! I told the new kids it'd probably be this weekend before you had them up. Nice work!!!! http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Happy/happy-cheerleader-130.gif

Nah -- There is always some churn in the results after the race weekend, but once everyone gets it sorted with JenJen, it only takes a few hours to get them posted to the web. 8)

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Nice work Dave

You used up your one allowed crash this season.

Hope it was a good one, because you are not allowed any more!

Throttleroller277
April 29th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Yes sir......... and yes sir, it was a good one...... Sucks, as I haven't crashed since 07'...... but on the same note: hopefully I am good for another 2 years now 8)

Munch
April 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Well done!

Now that these are posted, when can we register for HPR week 2??

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well done!

As soon as I know the results are not going to change...which, will be shortly.

Novices: Listen up!

I am not a MRA Board member. I am just a racer like you guys, so here is some info you need to know (in case you don't already) to keep the MRA officials from putting you on a blacklist and slashing your tires in the pits. :shock:

Results are posted within minutes after each race by our talented race day office crew. You have 30 minutes after they are posted to go take a look and make sure they are correct and you are placed where you expected. Many times, if there is an issue it can be resolved right there on the spot.

If you wait until, say, Wednesday after the race weekend, 99.99999999% of the time you will be sh!t out of luck! So, get into the habit of wandering up to the race day office after each race and checking your results.

</soapbox> 8)

dragos13
April 29th, 2009, 11:15 AM
That was fast Dave, thank you!

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 11:16 AM
That was fast Dave, thank you!

Don't thank me, thank JenJen. :D

dragos13
April 29th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Thank you Jenn!!!!

:D

froth
April 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Great job JenJen and Dave. We owe you a fire extinguisher!

dave.gallant
April 29th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Great job JenJen and Dave. We owe you a fire extinguisher!

I don't race Ducati's anymore so I don't need one!

:lol:

mbohn
April 29th, 2009, 06:13 PM
What causes a change in the results between the time they are posted on race day in the race day office and when they appear online?

JenJen
April 29th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Well from the time that they are posted in the race day office to the time they are posted on-line they can be changed due to a number of things.

1.) I forgot to put someone in there
2.) someone didn't have their transponder on
3.) transponder was not reading correctly
4.) borrowing someone else's transponder with out notifying the transponder King

These are just a few of the things that popped in my head right off.

Once the race weekend is done I recheck the results. Generally everyone wants to know where they finished So I post them as quickly and efficiently as possible.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Well done!

I am not a MRA Board member. I am just a racer like you guys, so here is some info you need to know (in case you don't already) to keep the MRA officials from putting you on a blacklist and slashing your tires in the pits. :shock:

Results are posted within minutes after each race by our talented race day office crew. You have 30 minutes after they are posted to go take a look and make sure they are correct and you are placed where you expected. Many times, if there is an issue it can be resolved right there on the spot.

If you wait until, say, Wednesday after the race weekend, 99.99999999% of the time you will be sh!t out of luck! So, get into the habit of wandering up to the race day office after each race and checking your results.

</soapbox> 8)

Some of us "NOVICE RACERS" did check after our races were over and there are mixed #'s listed. I.E. Novice GTU #831(me) finished 26th. Were I look up my standings by race # I am listed as 27th.When looked up by class it says Novice GTU 831 26th. I was in the office checking my times and standings. I did not protest them because it looked right. I am just wondering as anyone would why there are mixed listings of my standings. I was mearly pointing out something listed wrong, which ever it may be.

JenJen
April 29th, 2009, 09:02 PM
In this case NGTU there was a rider that bought a Transponder from an old rider and it was not changed with the transponder King. The rider came to the race day office within his 30min and the problem was resolved! Sorry if it is causing any problems but keep in mind THE RESULTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. It might not happen every race weekend but there are time that it does.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 29th, 2009, 09:54 PM
In this case NGTU there was a rider that bought a Transponder from an old rider and it was not changed with the transponder King. The rider came to the race day office within his 30min and the problem was resolved! Sorry if it is causing any problems but keep in mind THE RESULTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. It might not happen every race weekend but there are time that it does.

No problem at all Jen I was just not understanding why there were 2 different places list for me in the same class. Thank you for the info so I understand what had happened.

Scored51
April 29th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I do like the blue font color, Jen. See... it all started with highlighting the race results that one time in Hastings, and now you've had to raise the bar again with colored fonts instead of simply bolding the text.

Now that results are up I can finish off the class track records updates. I'll post when they are done. Thanks guys.

dave.gallant
April 30th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Well done!

</soapbox> 8)

Some of us "NOVICE RACERS" did check...blah blah blahllll.

Seriously dude, what is your problem? I poke fun at you, but not in a mean spirited way.

If you don't like the answers you are getting possibly you should rethink the tone of your questions. The MRA Board is extremely helpful and I would like to go out of my way to make sure you enjoy your racing experience with us, even though I am not directly responsible to do so.

mbohn
April 30th, 2009, 05:33 AM
Well from the time that they are posted in the race day office to the time they are posted on-line they can be changed due to a number of things.

1.) I forgot to put someone in there
2.) someone didn't have their transponder on
3.) transponder was not reading correctly
4.) borrowing someone else's transponder with out notifying the transponder King

These are just a few of the things that popped in my head right off.

Once the race weekend is done I recheck the results. Generally everyone wants to know where they finished So I post them as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Thanks much, Jen.

Ray-Ray
April 30th, 2009, 05:38 AM
What causes a change in the results between the time they are posted on race day in the race day office and when they appear online?

Hey Mark, if you are looking for the Sportsman results with your name on them I don't think that will happen! You probably timed out! Time to come race with the big boys!!

mbohn
April 30th, 2009, 06:01 AM

Hey Mark, if you are looking for the Sportsman results with your name on them I don't think that will happen! You probably timed out! Time to come race with the big boys!!Thanks, Ray I was really wondering about StU going from 4th to 5th. Hey, I got some points! That's all that matters! Sportsman I understood and am fine with it. I had some fun.

JenJen
April 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mark you did time out of Sptsman which is awesome due to the fact it was your first weekend!! Great job!!! :D

Scored51
April 30th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Sportsman I understood and am fine with it. I had some fun.

OMG! That's the first time that's ever happened. \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>