PDA

View Full Version : 4-25-09 Sat MRA First Novice GTO race video

Jackel
April 27th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Not sure if anyone saw this race, but there was a pretty big crash due to a stalled/disabled bike right after the start, was about 5 seconds into the race. One of our guys got it the worse, his bike cart wheeled and is pretty much totaled. I pretty much saw the whole thing and I was wondering if anyone had video of this? If not can you think of anyone who was filming in the stands that we could ask? We could come pick it up and provide a CD or however you would want to transfer the video, also have a large portable USB HD we could stick it on. We had our Go Pro hero camera on the tail of the bike pointing forward, which would have showed the whole thing but unfortunately the file was corrupt due to damage of the camera , thank you for any help in advance. And ride safe, thanks again to anyone who helped out.

smiley613
April 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Do you still have the file that was corrupted? If it is corrupted just due to the camera getting broken it could be that it was just never closed properly and could still be recovered. If you're interested in me taking a crack at it (I'm a software engineer by day, so I have some experience with these sorts of things), shoot me over the corrupted file and I'll see if I can recover part/all of it. I have some vested interest in this since I was the third bike in on this; I'd be very interested in seeing it. Anyway, let me know.

Jackel
April 28th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Worth a shot I dont have the file at the shop. I will bring it tomorrow and upload it at the shop, what email do you want me to send it to? I'm worried because it says the file is 0 MB but we can always try.

smiley613
April 29th, 2009, 08:29 AM
pm sent with my email.
thx