PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Synthetic Motorcycle Oil

strait.synthetics
April 27th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Superior synthetic formulation provides long service life and maximum protection against engine wear. Superior shear stability provides unsurpassed protection for high performance engines and transmissions. No friction modifiers. Wet clutch compatible.

http://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oil?zo=1711126

mbohn
May 20th, 2009, 10:21 AM
There's some interesting data in that study. Wonder if they've updated it since it was written in 2006?

DOUBLE A
May 20th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Are you giving MRA deals or something is there some kind of incentive for using this oil? i.e. silkoline has contingency

strait.synthetics
May 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Preferred Customer Memberships are for people who want the lowest possible prices on the best lubrication and filtration products for their vehicles and equipment. Preferred Customers pay the same low prices for AMSOIL products that AMSOIL Dealers pay.

Ten dollars gets you a six-month trial Preferred Customer membership for buying AMSOIL products at wholesale prices.

Preferred Customers also receive an information kit on AMSOIL products and the monthly AMSOIL product, racing and application magazine, the AMSOIL Action News.

May 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
How much does it cost after the trial membership is up?

DOUBLE A
May 25th, 2009, 02:14 AM
good Q's, I have started to hear not so good things from this product, so far from people who are running it now, & they have a whole bunch of it... :cry:

kcecil
May 27th, 2009, 03:58 PM
How much does it cost after the trial membership is up?
They have the prices on the website, and if you put the "preferred customer" in the shopping cart, the website updates with the lower prices. Last summer when I bought some as a "preferred customer" I think I paid about $7.50/quart.

I've run Amsoil in my racebike for several years. I did an oil sample last year after running the MPH double header and a full Pueblo practice day, and the oil was still up to viscosity spec and had protective additives remaining. There also weren't any elements present that indicate excessive wear.

Jon
May 27th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Marlin Morgan was a rep for years for Amsoil and sponsored me for many seasons of racing and personally I beleive Amsoil to be one of the best oils out there.