PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of these race fairings?

PremiumBlend
April 22nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-CBR-600-RR-2003-2004-RACE-BODYWORK-FAIRINGS-03_W0QQitemZ120347537851QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcy cles_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

They are from a company called Pit-Teck... anybody tried these or heard of them?

qwiksilver119
April 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
I have the Pit-Teck fairings on my bike. The fit is not great and the quality is not all that good either. They are thick and heavy and not very flexible. However, with a little bit of work you can get them to fit up pretty well. I went with them simply for the cost. For less than half the cost of some other bodywork I think they work pretty good.

gixxermike
April 22nd, 2009, 01:27 PM
I got a set for my R6 in late 07 and they were terrible, I had to redo alot of the fiberglass to get it to fit ok....and after all that they dont hold up well in a crash. They come apart in chunks, very poor quality IMO. They are my back up set now.

PremiumBlend
April 22nd, 2009, 01:38 PM
Right on, thanks guys. What would you consider is the best bang for your buck?

PremiumBlend
April 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
I have the Pit-Teck fairings on my bike. The fit is not great and the quality is not all that good either. They are thick and heavy and not very flexible. However, with a little bit of work you can get them to fit up pretty well. I went with them simply for the cost. For less than half the cost of some other bodywork I think they work pretty good.

Hey Qwik... do you roadrace as well with a car?