PDA

View Full Version : I hate transponders...

Warner354
April 21st, 2009, 08:15 PM
So like many of you I am having trouble coming up with the cash to buy a transponder for this weekend. There aren't enough transponders in the "fleet" to just rent one like last year. And the year before.

If there are any guys (or girls) racing on saturday only that are willing to loan me their transponder ($30 sound fair?) for racing on sunday, please let me know ASAP.

PM me or contact me at 303-995-3118
Matt Warner

Jon
April 21st, 2009, 08:23 PM
Why not try to coordinate with someone who runs different classes, different practices than you, pit next to them and just share the transponder, making sure of course that the scorekeeper (AKA Scorekeeper Chris) understands that it is indeed you on your (bike#354) and not the person who owns the transponder. Hell if you help me in my pit and make sure that my transponder is on my bike and ready to go each time you can use mine. I race once on Sat. four times on Sunday. Two Bikes a lightweight and an open. Your Sportsman right? Let me know K?

Warner354
April 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
apparently two different riders cannot use the same transponder on the same day. I really appreciate the offer tho, that would have been a good way to make it work!

Munch
April 21st, 2009, 11:26 PM
PM me, I'm on the South side of town.

T Baggins
April 22nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Why not try to coordinate with someone who runs different classes, different practices than you, pit next to them and just share the transponder...

Hooo boy - you do that and Transponder Chris will kill you! :shock:

Way too much brain damage to expect Chris to move riders fback and forth onto a transponder during the day. One rider per transponder per day please.

Scored51
April 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
Hooo boy - you do that and Transponder Chris will kill you! :shock:

Nah, I'll just get Starter Bob to hold the red starting light on until all of the data entry is done. It will make the results a LOT easier to process at the end of each race because I won't have to deal with those who over heated and blew up on the start line. :shock:

A real, and less sarcastic, update to follow as I'm working on this issue.

cu260r6
April 22nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
I'm only riding on Sat. Find me in the pits, and I'll loan you mine for Sun. #36 blue r6, small grey trailer.

Scored51
April 22nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I'm only riding on Sat. Find me in the pits, and I'll loan you mine for Sun. #36 blue r6, small grey trailer.

Until I have worked out ALL of the details of this plan and its consequences, I am not willing to swap/assign transponders more than once per weekend. I will update the membership as soon as those details are worked out.

Thanks for your patience.

Scored51
April 22nd, 2009, 02:48 PM
Here's the official word! Swapping transponders from race to race is impossible due to the time constraints on processing information required for each race. However, I am willing to swap transponders for each day under the following conditions:

1. No rental transponders are available for rent. This policy is meant as a stop-gap, not a relief for those that don't want to purchase a transponder.
2. A deadline of 7:30am Sunday for all swaps to be registered.
3. I reserve the right to stop this practice if it creates any problems or inconsistencies in the results.

I will need to know the following information to correctly track any swaps.
- rider number who is borrowing transponder
- rider name (first & last) who is borrowing transponder
- seven digit transponder ID number
- rider number who is lending transponder
- rider name (first & last) who is lending transponder

Thanks for being patient.

d_mob
April 24th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Out of curiosity, if you can't afford a transponder how do you expect to afford racing (e.g. tires, crashes, etc)???

you've picked an expensive hobby my friend --

PS... Maybe hit up JB at the Nut, I hear he really wants to sponsor new and upcoming riders! :)

GSXRScott
April 26th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Out of curiosity, if you can't afford a transponder how do you expect to afford racing (e.g. tires, crashes, etc)???

you've picked an expensive hobby my friend --

Yup. Motorcycles, snowboarding, mountain biking etc.. it's all expensive. The only way out is to sit at home and watch TV and that's no way to spend your life. You just have to man up and pay for crap. On the plus side you can probably re-sell your transponder and other race accessories when you quit racing and go back to just doing trackdays.

froth
April 26th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Hopefully he'll just keep racing!!