PDA

View Full Version : Helmet Date Code

qwiksilver119
April 21st, 2009, 11:24 AM
I have a helmet that has a date code of 6/04. I know that we can't use helmets that are more than 5 years old. Does this mean that I have to replace it in June, or will it be okay for the whole season? Thanks.

Munch
April 21st, 2009, 12:20 PM
You should be fine. You're helmet is "legal" when the season started, and will expire during the season. Therefore you can run it.

You'll need a shiney new bucket for next season however!

Ray-Ray
April 21st, 2009, 12:42 PM
You should be fine. You're helmet is "legal" when the season started, and will expire during the season. Therefore you can run it.

You'll need a shiney new bucket for next season however!

=D>

Yes, sir Munch is correct!

T Baggins
April 21st, 2009, 02:09 PM
WOW! Somebody was actually paying attention at the race school! Nice work munch.

qwiksilver119
April 21st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Great! Thanks guys, that will at least save me some money until next year. See you all this weekend.

Scored51
April 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
WOW! Somebody was actually paying attention at the race school! Nice work munch.

Well, he's back to level since he didn't bring me his transponder at the school to figure out what his ID is. However, I have to say it's a very encouraging trend.

Munch... I'll be at Pueblo sometime late morning/late afternoon on Friday. Please make sure you see me before heading out on the track Saturday morning with the transponder in question. It will need to be entered into the database. Thanks.

Munch
April 21st, 2009, 11:28 PM
I actually did bring it, but with the cold weather, didn't get up early enough to mount it that morning :(

Next time!!

Sprtbkbabe
April 23rd, 2009, 12:03 PM
So... if your date on your helmet is rubbed off (sharks have year marks in back near neck... wear NO ONE seems to have sweated during their testing phase :? )... yet it was bought new at TK in 05/07, do I need to research for a receipt?

Receipts won't help show date of manufacture, tho...eh?

Sprtbkbabe
April 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
ooh.. I found a replacement lid. Will this one pass tech if I can find a place for my #'s?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Nolan_N30_Flashback_Open_Face_Helmet_Graphic_Art_I talia--643114.html

...j/kiiiiiing!

bluedevil
April 23rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
FYI No one cares when you bought it... Ive seen helmets new on a shelf at a dealer from 2/04.... If you buy one online: I HIGHLY suggest you ask them the date code 1st... Many good deals out there are cause its old....

peteremsley
April 23rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
So... if your date on your helmet is rubbed off (sharks have year marks in back near neck... wear NO ONE seems to have sweated during their testing phase :? )... yet it was bought new at TK in 05/07, do I need to research for a receipt?

My RSR2 has another label under the liner, on the inside of the shell. Its just above where your right ear would be. Remove the cheek pad, and pull the liner back, and hopefully you'll see it.

Sprtbkbabe
April 25th, 2009, 04:51 PM

My RSR2 has another label under the liner, on the inside of the shell. Its just above where your right ear would be. Remove the cheek pad, and pull the liner back, and hopefully you'll see it.

Yep, 09/06. Cheers!

nwatkins176
April 29th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Some some Arai's on sale at Vickery for what I thought was cheap, half off. Date code 02/02. urggg.

DOUBLE A
April 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM
ooh.. I found a replacement lid. Will this one pass tech if I can find a place for my #'s?

http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Nolan_N30_Flashback_Open_Face_Helmet_Graphic_Art_I talia--643114.html

...j/kiiiiiing!

Sweet price too!!! :lol: I wanna rock one!