PDA

View Full Version : Pueblo Sunday 4/19

ryan
April 14th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I heard due to weather they're pushing drag racing to this weekend. Does sunday's Chicane get bumped too?

bluedevil
April 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I doubt it, Chicane is a privately rented track day not a PMP sanctioned event

rforsythe
April 15th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Forecasts for Sunday are also showing sunny and mid-60's with the precip in the prior days being rainy (so melting any accumulation). I'd expect Sunday to go on as planned, with sunshine and a lot of fun!

rybo
April 15th, 2009, 10:50 AM
No, my event will not get bumped.

We are on for Sunday!

dragos13
April 15th, 2009, 10:59 AM
No, my event will not get bumped.

We are on for Sunday!

And the weather is looking great.

This is an awesome chance to ride Pueblo before the race weekend. Get signed up now!!

ryan
April 16th, 2009, 10:21 AM
lets hope the weather stays nice!

rforsythe
April 17th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Right now it looks like it may snow a few inches by tomorrow morning, but turn to rain after that so likely just wash it away. Still looking sunny and nice for Sunday!

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM
How much is the Chicane again? And the 1st portion of the day is a quick class for riders who are not licensed like myself correct?

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 05:18 PM
NVM... saw it was $300, that's ridiculous. Later

JimWilson29
April 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM

where you see that? website says $120 for Pueblo, which would include the new rider orientation. - http://chicanetrackdays.com/register.html The advanced rider course with Vanmar Racing is $300.

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM

where you see that? website says $120 for Pueblo, which would include the new rider orientation. - http://chicanetrackdays.com/register.html The advanced rider course with Vanmar Racing is $300.

Yeah, I was looking at the Advanced course... that's why I was pretty shell shocked when I saw the price for that.

JimWilson29
April 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I was looking at the Advanced course... that's why I was pretty shell shocked when I saw the price for that.

$300 including track fee and lunch for all day instruction with Vanmar is a very good deal too. You'll pay many times more than that with all of the big track schools and get less individualized instruction.

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 05:35 PM
2 questions then:

(A) Do I have to purchase in advance or can I pay that morning at the track?

(B) I have a set of race take offs to put on b/c my tires currently SUCK, assuming most shops will be closed tomorrow due to the weather will there be anyone on site that can change my tires and how much?

Thanks guys

rybo
April 17th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Happy to answer:

1) You can pay that day at the track, but it costs $20 more to do so. I'll be closing online registration about 12:00 noon tomorrow, so if you want to save the $20 then get 'er dun.

2) Yes, Vanmar offers tire service on site. I'm not sure what they charge to mount tires that you don't buy from them, but they are totally reasonable pricing wise with everything they do.

Hope to see you there!

BTW: As of right now it's not even raining at the track. I just got off the phone with them and they've only had light rain today. The weather report looks good for the coming days too, drying off tomorrow and getting downright nice on Sunday, with a high in the 60's and mostly sunny!

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 08:19 PM

$300 including track fee and lunch for all day instruction with Vanmar is a very good deal too. You'll pay many times more than that with all of the big track schools and get less individualized instruction.

For advanced, yes, but as a beginner... no. :)

PremiumBlend
April 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Happy to answer:

1) You can pay that day at the track, but it costs $20 more to do so. I'll be closing online registration about 12:00 noon tomorrow, so if you want to save the $20 then get 'er dun.

2) Yes, Vanmar offers tire service on site. I'm not sure what they charge to mount tires that you don't buy from them, but they are totally reasonable pricing wise with everything they do.

Hope to see you there!

BTW: As of right now it's not even raining at the track. I just got off the phone with them and they've only had light rain today. The weather report looks good for the coming days too, drying off tomorrow and getting downright nice on Sunday, with a high in the 60's and mostly sunny!

Thanks Scott, definitely appreciate it!!! See you guys there!!!!!!

ryan
April 18th, 2009, 09:59 AM
anyone have an update on weather down there?

auzzy
April 18th, 2009, 11:07 AM
I am right next to PMP and it appears to be clearing up as the day continues!! :D

dragos13
April 18th, 2009, 05:27 PM
:D

Sunday April 19th

Pueblo, CO.

Partly Cloudy

High
66°F

Precip
20%

PremiumBlend
April 18th, 2009, 08:10 PM
So I just realized that the boots I normally wear were thrashed by my dog... the night before and I just NOW realize this. Does anyone have a pair of boots I can either borrow or are for sale? I wear a 9.5 in Nike and other like shoes... if you do have a pair for sale let me know so I can bring extra cash tomorrow.

auzzy
April 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
i have a pair of Gaerne you can borrow/buy i think they are size ten. Let me know if you are interested.

MRA #118

PremiumBlend
April 18th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Are you going to be there tomorrow?

auzzy
April 18th, 2009, 09:56 PM
oh yes....i will be there :twisted:

PremiumBlend
April 18th, 2009, 09:59 PM
F'in score!!! How much are you lookin' to possibly sell them for?

auzzy
April 18th, 2009, 10:03 PM
make me an offer if you want them they were worn three times with one highside :shock:

PremiumBlend
April 18th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I will let you know tomorrow if they fit b/c I'm on the smaller side of 9.5.

auzzy
April 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
no worries, i will see ya at the track (white toyota tacoma)

rforsythe
April 19th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I can't believe there are still open spots on the last weekend day at PMP before the season opener, but...

From Rybo:

The snow completely missed PMP and the rain stopped here at about 3:00 PM on the 18th. As of right now (1:00 AM) the pavement is dry.

So drag you butt away from the computer and get here!

$140 all day
$75 1/2 day (starting after 12:00 noon)

And as a reminder, these are staffed track day events with corner crew and medical just like a race, as well as tire support on-site with Vanmar!

Minimal tech rules apply (no mirrors/tape them, lights taped, no coolant, don't have leaking fluids or parts dangling) but nothing this crowd will have any problem passing.

See you there!

PremiumBlend
April 19th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks everyone for an extremely fun day!! I learned a lot and had a blast!!

There was someone out there taking pictures on turn 10 and I believe turn 4, does anyone know who that was and how to contact him?

ryan
April 20th, 2009, 06:48 PM
sweet day indeed.