PDA

View Full Version : Radio reception at HPR

phildrummond
April 13th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Hey everyone- sorry I missed a fun day on Sunday. Sounds like the weather was even better than Saturday!

Something we learned Saturday... The repeater is strong enough to throw the radio signal all the way to T6, but if the radio is in the bunker, it doesn't receive. We missed transmissions only when inside the bunker and the radio is just below the wall. I flagged from outside most of the day and the radio worked fine. When I went into the bunker to get out of the wind, no radio reception.

Maybe we can put the repeater up higher and fix it? It was on the ground on Saturday. Maybe it was battery strength?

stuntriders
April 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I also noticed that the radio reception on Saturday wasn't great. Nick and I were trying to get the repeater antenna up higher on Saturday when we noticed that the cable had some serious problems. Glenn fixed the cable Saturday night. So on Sunday I put the antenna on top of the MRA truck and I think everyone could hear everything. I know my radio was working better.

Did anyone have problems with reception on Sunday?

Spiderman
April 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
No, but lack of gale-force winds didn't hurt either. 8)

stuntriders
April 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
LOL :lol:

GOOD POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gone_Skiing
April 15th, 2009, 10:49 AM
I definitely think fixing the cable helped a lot. We will have to find a high spot for the antenna for the races. I'm not sure putting it on the Truck is the best long term idea.

-Nick

fairrpe86
April 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
How about Tony's TV antenna, it'll be stationary and it looked taller than the truck. Maybe he will get better reception that way!!