PDA

View Full Version : Iceclear?

Tipys
April 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Anybody heard of Iceclear before? Its a Non-Glycol Anti-freeze. My big concern is if I can use it while at the track?

http://www.orisonmarketing.com/deicers/AF/antifreeze.html

edit: Had bad link

joe859
April 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I just now saw this post, and I have to say I'm curious about this stuff, at least from an environmental point of view. As far as track use goes, the question is, if you spill it on the asphalt, will it evaporate as quickly, and completely, as water? The literature says it's more viscous (has a higher viscosity) than glycol, that doesn't sound so good. How slippery would a mixture of this stuff be?

benfoxmra95
April 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
well judging by this key statement made on their web site:

"Won’t Dry Out
Due to its viscous nature and hygroscopic character, IceClear® AF will not dry out after initial application, making it effective for extended periods of time as an antifreeze and a dust suppressant"

I don't think this is a good idea. if it's viscous, that's another term for oil. and it won't evaporate. so complete drying is going to be and issue.

Oil = bad.....

Over the years, there have been all kinds of different magic potions that claim cooler running motors and no pressure gain in your cooling system, and blah blah blah....

simple fact, a little water wetter and plain old water and a Properly tuned motorcycle that's not too lean. is all you need.

Now if you got some some sh!t hot superbike motor that's running 16:1 compression, then you might look into putting the appropriate size radiator on the bike.

TRK
April 18th, 2009, 01:09 PM
All fluids have "viscosity" Viscosity is a measure of the resistance of a fluid when a stress is applied to it.
Basically viscosity is "thickness". Water is not very, thick thus having a lower viscosity, syrup is thicker, thus having a higher viscosity, etc.....

Do I think it is a good idea, probably not................and yes I did have reservations for a Holiday Inn, in Utah. I just didn't make it.