PDA

View Full Version : Must Read: Transponder Rentals/Missing Info!

Scored51
April 9th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hello All,

As of the writing of this message, I do not have transponder information for 81 racers that have turned in their license applications! This is after cross referencing all the data from the previous year. If you purchased a transponder after sending in your license application, please send me a PM or email c.dale@comcast.net with the ID written on the transponder. This will alleviate problems with timing and scoring on the first race weekend.

The MRA rental fleet only contains 34 transponders. So if you intend to rent, there is less than a 50/50 chance of you receiving a transponder as they are distributed as first come, first served. If you intend to borrow a transponder, I will hold to my original policy of changing the database for the weekend. However, it is impossible to have more than one racer using a transponder for a single weekend.

Remember it is a racer's responsibility to provide their own transponder for the purposes of timing and scoring. If you do not have a transponder, you will not be scored.

Please feel free to PM me on this forum, or email me c.dale@comcast.net, with any transponder updates.

Thanks,

eklew
April 11th, 2009, 10:41 PM
PM sent with my new transponder #. Also had a question, does the MRA use MyLaps?

Scored51
April 12th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Got your PM... and responded.

The MyLaps question has come up before on the forum. No we don't.

The only added benefit MyLaps.com has to offer over our current system is the ability to post practice times in real time via the internet vs. waiting until the end of morning practice for them to be posted on paper. The club would need to reinvent a wheel that was already spinning at great speed to accommodate this feature, but the first issue would be the lack of internet access at 7 of the 11 rounds of racing during the 2009 season. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing the $50 fee AMB-it is currently charging to transfer an account of a used transponder probably wouldn't sit well with most MRA members either.

That's the shortest version I could come up with right now. Hope it helps.

Jon
April 12th, 2009, 09:23 AM
I would bet that the membership wouldn't go for still another charge added so Chris I agree. As far as getting your laps times for the day. As it sometimes takes a few days or more to get the results/lap times posted onto the MRA site, I suggest to anyone wanting the lap times and results to write them down so that you can review them soon after the event. They are usually available within about twenty or thirty minutes after.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 12th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Will have the #'s to you once it gets here.

chadtandy
April 22nd, 2009, 10:51 AM
Transponder ID # sent.

-Chad

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Transponder just got here and PM'ed you the info and it is charging for this weekend.

Scored51
April 22nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Transponder just got here and PM'ed you the info and it is charging for this weekend.

You'll most likely get away with it because you have a new transponder, but for future events (especially the double header) you'll need to start charging the transponder much closer to the time when you'll need it. Also remember that you need to be aware of when the approximately 14 needed to charge your transponder will end to avoid over charging and possible damage to the unit.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Ok, I will stop charging it and wait till Friday to do it for 24HRS. That is what i was told was the time it took to charge it the first time.

Scored51
April 23rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
I have some good news! The MRA rental fleet has grown from the initial report to include some units that were not in circulation. The MRA rental fleet now has 39 transponders available for rent starting Saturday morning when the race day office opens.

Now the bad news! After processing the final update before the race weekend we have a total of 110 licensed racers without any transponder information .

Thank you to all those who responded by forwarding their transponder information to me. See you at Pueblo!

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 23rd, 2009, 11:53 PM
Well, at least I did something right for once;) I got mine bought and info sent Yesturday.