PDA

View Full Version : direct wire transponders?

ryan
April 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
http://www.amb-it.com/motorcycle-racing-transponders-c-10_12.html

anyone have one fo these from ANB? says 2 wires to connect and your set, no recharging or maintenance.

jbird
April 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I have one on my Honda

Scored51
April 8th, 2009, 02:08 PM
I can't think of anyone in our club who is running one, but the limitation of this style is lack of transference. So if you run more than one bike you'll need to devise a way to quickly mount the unit on either bike. You'll also need a connector in every bike harness you will be running. The real sticking point is when you have need to borrow a bike. You'll need to create a power harness and install it (possibly when there isn't any time) for the borrowed ride. Other than that, the price difference is simply the cost of the charging kit.

Hope this helps,

jbird
April 8th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm in invisible mode... :?

Electroman
April 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I also have a direct wired transponder. It is attached via a polarized plug, to allow me (in the future) to move the transponder between bikes. Direct wiring the transponder removes one more thing to forget about. It's also less expensive. I recommend it.

Scored51
April 9th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I'm in invisible mode... :?

Sorry, but I usually only remember the ones that cause problems or have problems. Invisibility is a good thing in this case. :)

So that's two thumbs up for the direct wire transponders! =D> =D>