PDA

View Full Version : Fire extinguisher - what kind?

peteremsley
April 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Kidde ABC from Home Depot @ $25, or something different?

Thanks!

Mforza
April 2nd, 2009, 06:17 PM
No empty! :D

marty
April 2nd, 2009, 06:52 PM
Kidde ABC from Home Depot @ $25, or something different?

Thanks!
thats what i got, one per bike in your pit

bluedevil
April 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
Homedepot has them at $19 right now.

peteremsley
April 3rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
Homedepot has them at $19 right now.

Excellent, thanks! :)

CurtisRR
April 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'd recommend doing some research prior to using a fire extinguisher on a motorcycle. That motorcycle may contain metals such as Magnesium or Titanium and water or carbon dioxide can react poorly with those and other metals.

gixxermike
April 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
[/quote]I'd recommend doing some research prior to using a fire extinguisher on a motorcycle. That motorcycle may contain metals such as Magnesium or Titanium and water or carbon dioxide can react poorly with those and other metals.

Any ABC type extinguisher is fine.

dave.gallant
April 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
I'd recommend doing some research prior to using a fire extinguisher on a motorcycle. That motorcycle may contain metals such as Magnesium or Titanium and water or carbon dioxide can react poorly with those and other metals.

Note to the rest of the MRA:

If my bike is on fire, just grab the closest fire extinguisher. My bike reacts poorly to flames.

:shock:

Hotrod
April 6th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Note to the rest of the MRA:

If my bike is on fire, just grab the closest fire extinguisher. My bike reacts poorly to flames.

:shock:

Spectacular, Dave!
BWAHAHAHA!!!!

CO750
April 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Wally World has the Kidde abc for like $16. Thats where I just picked one up at.
Gotta save every dollar for tires :D

Jon
May 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
The requirement for each bike should be at least a 10# or above and everyone should know exactly where to point it as if used incorrectly will blow the flames directly into your friends face which while entertaining for bystanders to watch will piss your friend, spouse or whomever off, you may even be fined by the powers that be. So, regardless of how many fire extinguishers we have in the paddock it doesn't guarantee that you won't have grief by days end :lol:

DOUBLE A
May 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM
bring one of those redi whip cans you know the big red one, that should work... :D