PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans class eligibility

CO750
March 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I forgot to ask this on Saturday, but I was hoping for some clarification. If I am reading the race schedule right, the endurance and novice classes are on Saturday and the Sportsmans class is on Sunday.
So If I sign up to race endurance GTU, novice GTU and sportsmans and brake the minimum barrier to be able to race sportsmans during a race Saturday do I still get to race Sunday? Does it mean I just can't sign up for sportsman again, or is it automatic and I don't race Sunday?

Scored51
March 29th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Yes, there are breakout times for the Sportsman class. They are all listed at the following website ( www.mra-racing.info ). The PDF's for download also contain also include this information.

Finding out who has "broken out" and needs to be DQ'd from the class is actually processed after the sportsman race has been run. So until you are disqualified from the class, you may continue to sign up.

The other piece of this puzzle is running other classes. If you were to run either novice or endurance races on Saturday, I still have to wait until after the sportsman class has been run to find out who should be disqualified because I do not have any advance notice of what races each racer has registered for, nor do I need it.

Hope this helps,

CO750
March 31st, 2009, 04:52 PM
Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.