PDA

View Full Version : Do you like old race bikes?

mbohn
March 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Some great photos:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360180

Electroman
March 27th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Those bike are so cool.

It would be fun to have an MRA race and include an AHRMA event. Just like the old Steamboat Springs race.

Jon
March 27th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Yep that's what you see at an AHRMA race. Was this taken at Mid Ohio? I was there last season and saw many of the same bikes including sidecars. Being from an earlier era thought these bikes are old many of them well most all of them had advances at the time that lead to the bikes we ride today. In other words, we owe these manufacters and riders a dept of thanks because without figuring out what worked and what didn't back in the day we wouldn't be so far along. Rememeber the safety gear wasn't advanced either so a simple lowside could put you in the hospital and a highside was often the end of the game. AHRMA has a pretty good schedule across the country. Ranging from Daytona to CA and races at most all the tracks included on the AMA schedule. Including Daytona, Miller, Barber Motorsports, Mid Ohio, Road America and Virginia. If any of you guys are anywhere close you should check them out sometime. There's always a former World Champion or two in attendance and enjoying what they call "Fun on old wheels" See AHRMA.org for a schedule and other info.

sheispoison
March 27th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I LOVE the old European race bikes. Those Manx Nortons are my absolute dream bike. I'd sell everything I own to have one of those! Thanks for the link!!
carl

mbohn
March 27th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Was this taken at Mid Ohio?...
No it was at Francorchamps. Those Europeans are obviously quite nuts about their race bikes.

marty
March 27th, 2009, 09:08 PM
what no tz750s? i think i did see a suzuki 500 in there though. and i'm lovin' the garage of laverdas