PDA

View Full Version : HPR this weekend

oldtimer
March 27th, 2009, 07:26 AM
We were on the ball and pre-paid for this Sunday's lapping day at hpr. *sigh* I've now heard that if the weather is too bad tomorrow (Saturday) the Sat event will bump our lapping day on Sunday anyway. Where do I look to find out if this happens? Can't find anything on the HPR site. Thanks all!

Jon
March 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I'd imagine Glenn will chime in and let us know as he serves as the manager for the track. Flying over eastern CO returning from Orlando yesterday, I can't say looked to promising however. Unless they've got one hell of a bulldozer I'd think the events would be bumped. However the weather does look as if there's a warming trend coming starting tomorrow.

dragos13
March 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Entire weekend has been cancelled

"Obviously and with great regret it is necessary to cancel both events for this coming weekend. After a fantastically mild winter which permitted remarkable construction progress at HPR, the race Gods "dumped" on us for this coming weekend. Few folks can even get their vehicles loaded up, much less have a viable/safe track."

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 27th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Here's the email I received ... http://users.frii.com/jjb/MRA_board/HPR.htm

oldtimer
March 27th, 2009, 02:39 PM
:cry:

Mforza
March 27th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I'm just passing Byers on I70. I bet there is tons of snow on HPR. :(

GNGSXR
March 28th, 2009, 08:28 PM
sucks it got cancelled but. . . . . .

SEE YOU GUYS ON APRIL 6th :D
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

oldtimer
March 29th, 2009, 10:20 AM
:D

The GECCO
March 29th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I'm just passing Byers on I70. I bet there is tons of snow on HPR. :(

Took me two hours (with a john deere tractor) to dig my trailer out Friday morning after a very cold night!

Things are looking better out there, drainage is a huge issue since vegetation is non existent next to the track. We've been out there digging little trenches trying to keep the snowmelt off the track. Hopefully we won't get a ton of moisture this coming week and things can dry out some.

Mforza
April 1st, 2009, 01:32 PM
If I new you still there I'll come and help you dig :D