PDA

View Full Version : Wear your seat belts! (updated 3-27-09 with pictures)

hcr25
March 26th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Over this past weekend Roberta and I went to Missouri to pick up our new to us Playmor race trailer. On Tuesday we were just past Burlington CO. on our way home when 75mph plus wind gust hit us. The wind blew the trailer over which in turn caused us to roll our truck as well. We were only going about 40-45mph when we crested a hill and the wind hit us.
We were both wearing our seat belts. Roberta was transported to the hospital on a backboard but the end outcome was some minor cuts, bumps ans bruises. I was driving and didnt really get a scratch. Our dobermans were in the back seat and did surprisingly well. Laney needed some staples for a cut on her thigh and Sete got a cut over his eye.

We have not heard from our insurance company yet but im sure the truck will be a total loss. The trailer landed on its side and slid about 150 feet to a stop in the center of I70. I didnt really get to look at the trailer so im not sure how bad it is. I insured it before we picked it up so we should be ok either way.

Bottom line is we are basically ok because we were using our seat belts.

Mike

http://www.donutshredder.com/images/Picture%20324.jpg

http://www.donutshredder.com/images/Picture%20325.jpg

http://www.donutshredder.com/images/Picture%20326.jpg

glenngsxr
March 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM
shit mike, glad to see you and roberta are doing ok. The stuff we go through to race! Sorry about the truck and glad you were smart enough to insure it before you picked it up. Look at it this way, at least there was not a pretty race bike sitting back there. Glenn #62

phildrummond
March 26th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Holy shiz! That's CRAZY! And what rotten luck. Glad you 4 are mostly OK and that you insured it before the drive. Houdini sends his best to Laney and wants to lick her staples.

chris nami
March 26th, 2009, 11:30 AM
DUDE!! hope you guys are ok. the fam and i are here for ya if you need us. -C

Ray-Ray
March 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
HOLY CRAP! You guys need anything?? If so just let us know! Thank GOD you guys are OK!!

oldtimer
March 26th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Soooo glad you and Roberta are ok! And the pups. Aaron and I will help if you guys need anything.

cromer611
March 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
holly shnap mike! glad your ok

peteremsley
March 26th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Wow! Glad you're all ok.

Racing616
March 26th, 2009, 03:30 PM
good to know you guys are ok, thanks for the good message about the seat belts!

DarkKnight
March 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
That is messed up. I am glad to hear you all walked away from it. Let me know if I can help.

DarkKnight
March 26th, 2009, 04:48 PM
That is messed up. I am glad to hear you all walked away from it. Let me know if I can help.

Jon
March 26th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Reminds me of a certain rollover I had back in 95 outside Santa Fe. again all was alright because of seat belts and we rolled down an enbankment. Why anyone wouldn't wear them is beyound me. Every time you hear of someone being killed it seems they weren't. So you young guns out there Listen Up, saty save and you'll be racing when your as old as Mike

JenJen
March 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
That really sucks! Rick & I are sorry to hear about your tuck and trailer. Hopefully insurance will take care of it for you! Great to know that you 4 are doing good! Let us know if you need anything!!

KipBook
March 26th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Wow! I'm so glad you guys are okay! You're right about the seat belts! I've been in a similar wreck and had I not been belted, I wouldn't be here. Again, I'm glad you guys are okay! Hope to see ya both on 4/11!

ChickenStrip
March 27th, 2009, 07:36 AM
That sucks, Diana and I was worried about you guys,and the dogs, when we heard the news.

Did you even get a chance to break in the new tires I put on? All that hard work for nothing.... :D

If you guys need a new rig I could hook you up with a sweet 1984 Toyota van...

Wild Cheetah 612
March 27th, 2009, 12:27 PM
That's terrible news!
I'm so glad to hear all of you (yes, the doggies, too) are all okay!