PDA

View Full Version : Doug Polen coming to HPR April 10th

Jon
March 10th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Two time World Superbike Champion Doug Polen has agreed to come to HPR on April 10th to offer his One on One school to any riders/racers who may be seeking to step up to the next level.
As Doug's accomplishments probably pre-date many of you therefore you might not be familiar with the name. He is one of the fastest and smoothest riders ever and his accomplishments speak for themselves. He offers personal instruction by use of on board microphones and headsets. By first following you, observing your line choices, brake markers, turn in points and etc. Then you follow him and he makes suggestions on what may be better and why. He then will observe you and you progress throughout the day. He personally will be your only instructor and available on track to you individually throughout your sessions throughout the day.
This is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best, so don't miss out and sign up soon.
To read more about him, his school and his past accomplishments go to: www.gopolen.com

JimWilson29
March 10th, 2009, 10:50 PM
How much?

Jon
March 11th, 2009, 05:38 AM
$350

Jon
March 11th, 2009, 05:40 AM
www.gopolen.com

elvis8310@hotmail.com
March 11th, 2009, 04:32 PM
It is not on there site to sign up yet? When will it be listed so we can sign up?

Jon
March 11th, 2009, 09:26 PM
As we just recently discussed this while we were in Daytona and the details haven't been finalized yet, It's not yet on the site. But he's very interested in offering the school here just hasn't spoken to the track management, signed contracts and etc. He not yet ready to put it up, but has authorized me to post this to gather interest and help get the word out.
If you are indeed want to go ahead and sign up, give Brain (the managing partner) a call toll free at 888-376-5361 or e-mail him at school@gopolen.com
Either that or I could have him contact you direct and answer any and all questions you may have. PM me and I will have him contact you. Thanks for the interest and I'll speak with you soon. Take care Jon

Jon
March 15th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Just another plug for Doug Polen's one on one school available to a few riders at the upcoming lap day at HPR.
In this month's (April) issue of Cycle World magazine there's a article about the school that may answer some questions you may have about who Doug Polen is and how his schools work. Granted he's not racing anymore but he knows how to teach a curriculum that's unique but very effective in getting you to go faster, safer and a way to analise your riding to benefit you wherever your riding or racing takes you. I'm surprised that none of you have taken this opportunity to look into this but assure you that this is a good chance to step it up during the upcoming season. Again goto www.gopolen.com for more info

elvis8310@hotmail.com
March 15th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I am looking into it and waiting to sign up once it shows on the web page. As of last week it was not on there site to sign up.

DarkKnight
March 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I just got off the phone with the scheduling manager for this. They are working on the details of the school but did say that they were not going to commit yet unless the interest is there. They did say that 2 others and myself are on the contact list for the event. I suggest that if you are interested, you call and give them your contact info rather than wait for the event to show up on the site.

www.gopolen.com
888-376-5361

Jon
March 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I just spoke with Brian at the One and One school and based on initiail interest he seems to think they'll make the 5 student minimum but we need to let them know for sure. This isn't something where you can just show up and they be sitting there waiting. I believe if any of you are on the fence not knowing if it's of value to you or anything of the like that Brad Hendry can certainly add a few comments on rather or no he thinks Doug can show you the faster way. So if at all interested I'd suggest giving them a shout prior to save space. www.gopolen.com

motobum
March 19th, 2009, 07:22 PM
website says 400$

Jon
March 20th, 2009, 05:58 AM
Yeah I was fearful of the fact that everyone was blasting me with the questions but as I'm not an employee or tied to the school that I would answer one incorrectly and there yoiu go, I was wrong.He does usually hold his schools in CA where he lives though. My thoughts are that the additional $50 is to cover the expenses of driving out here. If you comapre the price of Kevin's or Freddie's school it still over a $1000 cheaper! Sorry to mislead but I did at least suggest either calling, emailing or going on the website.

DarkKnight
April 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
Received my confirmation for 4/10. Who else is gonna be there with me?

Jon
April 1st, 2009, 04:28 PM
I will be. So Brian confirmed them being there?

DarkKnight
April 1st, 2009, 08:36 PM
1 on 1 confirmed the date with me on the phone. If you were on the list, they shold have contacted your or they should be. You could be proactive and call them to be sure.