PDA

View Full Version : Race times

Munch
March 4th, 2009, 10:13 PM
I know I saw it someplace. What are the race start times of each classes race on a given weekend?

Can someone point me in that direction?

Thanks!

rybo
March 4th, 2009, 11:00 PM
The weekend moves a little more "free flow" than that. The only thing that is really rigid is the first race start time.

The rest of the day is affected by the length of the race, if there are cautions or red flags etc.

The important thing to remember is the ORDER of the races. Print it up and hang it in your trailer. Know which race comes two before yours and listen carefully to the calls.

Good luck this season!

Munch
March 5th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I guess wasn't there something that printed...

GTO was Saturday, GTU was sunday, Superbike was .... etc?

T Baggins
March 5th, 2009, 08:23 AM
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=5398

Far as I know, no changes from 2008 to 2009 raceday schedule.

Munch
March 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
That's what I knew I saw somewhere!

Thanks!

oldtimer
March 5th, 2009, 03:37 PM
How many practice sessions does each group get Sunday morning? (Normal Race Weekend) I was expecting always 3 rotations barring incidents, but at PPIR I was told 2 rotations was the Sunday routine? Thanks for the info! 8)

T Baggins
March 6th, 2009, 08:45 AM
How many practice sessions does each group get Sunday morning? (Normal Race Weekend) I was expecting always 3 rotations barring incidents, but at PPIR I was told 2 rotations was the Sunday routine? Thanks for the info! 8)

Two slightly longer sessions is correct, if I recall...

mbohn
March 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM

Two slightly longer sessions is correct, if I recall...
So, wherever the raceday schedule says "Practice" we just paste in Saturday's practice schedule?

Jon
March 30th, 2009, 06:00 PM
I've always loved that question posed by everybody who doesn't understand racing "What time do you race" I simply just let them know that when I get a chance I'll make sure to stop by everyones elses pit and ask tham if they intend on crashing, blowing oil, or screwing up in anyway then of course, I'll make sure to tell them to be at pre-grid on time so that I can accomidate those who have to arrive just in the nick of time in order to see me crash....or race :lol:

mbohn
March 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I've always loved that question posed by everybody who doesn't understand racing "What time do you race" I simply just let them know that when I get a chance I'll make sure to stop by everyones elses pit and ask tham if they intend on crashing, blowing oil, or screwing up in anyway then of course, I'll make sure to tell them to be at pre-grid on time so that I can accomidate those who have to arrive just in the nick of time in order to see me crash....or race :lol:
Well Jon, I sure don't know much about racing but from flagging a few races last year I do appreciate how much can go wrong and how much juggling has to be done by race management to keep things on schedule.

All I was asking for was something a bit more descriptive than "Practice" in the Sunday morning time slot.

marty
March 30th, 2009, 07:10 PM
hey mark,
according to the schedule i got with my race license, each group (novice slow or fast, expert slow/medium/fast) gets 3 sessions on saturday and two on sunday. when you get your packet, you'll get the same schedule. each session is ~20 minutes. call me if you got any other questions. if you want, you and peter can pit with me and i'll walk you through the whole process. hope you like the smell of premix in the morning :twisted:

peteremsley
March 30th, 2009, 08:20 PM
hey mark,
according to the schedule i got with my race license, each group (novice slow or fast, expert slow/medium/fast) gets 3 sessions on saturday and two on sunday. when you get your packet, you'll get the same schedule. each session is ~20 minutes. call me if you got any other questions. if you want, you and peter can pit with me and i'll walk you through the whole process. hope you like the smell of premix in the morning :twisted:

That would be great! MarkS described the order of events at the class, but I don't remember too much.

Pre-mix smells like racing should :)

Peter (#203 as of today)

Jon
March 30th, 2009, 08:53 PM
All I was saying was that racing is at best organized chaos and that to try and list times is impossible. Didn't really mean to ruffle feathers and the best one can do is know two races prior to whan your race is. That usually takes help.
I last year waws caught with my britches down twenty minutes prior to ROR with all bodywork off, forkcaps off and stripped down to my skiffies before realizing it was time to go. In other words I after twenty years off racing am little bit mre prepared than when I started but be ready to rush. The race is the event that takes place after all the work is done. Racing is everything that gets you to the grid. There's truth in them there words believe me.

mbohn
April 1st, 2009, 04:40 PM
hey mark,
according to the schedule i got with my race license, each group (novice slow or fast, expert slow/medium/fast) gets 3 sessions on saturday and two on sunday. when you get your packet, you'll get the same schedule. each session is ~20 minutes. call me if you got any other questions. if you want, you and peter can pit with me and i'll walk you through the whole process. hope you like the smell of premix in the morning :twisted:Thanks, Marty. Exactly what I needed.