PDA

View Full Version : Brad in Daytona

Racing616
February 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hey everybody,

As many of you know, the NorCO Racing team is on Ducati 1098 Rs this year, and we are racing in the American Superbike class as #616, at (hopefully!) 5 rounds this year, and of course spending a great season at home in the MRA.

This year is a little different to others in the past, because we finally have a bike built to the AMA rules, meaning nothing has been left out, other than a full electronics program (which Larry Pegram and the other factory boys have BTW....) Be that as it may, I am feeling very proud of our dealerships, and the amazing race team we have this year. Let's just say that a better rider can ride this bike better than me. No pressure on me right ? :)

For those of you interested in following along with me on this new journey, I am planning on writing some short blogs on the days that I am in Daytona, and the nationals that follow it. It's a pretty unique experience, and doing it on a Ducati this year just makes it all the more special.

I will put my blogs and pictures up on my facebook page (if you're not a friend, hit me up) and on my personal website under the reports section. Speaking of which, my site is about to get a facelift (thanks to Justin Meyer) and I will be able to add stuff during the day (like pics from a camera phone of umbrella dollies or awesome bikes in the pits) and a twitter account for faster news.

OK then! I need to get to packing. We leave at 6:30 am tomorrow!

B-RAD

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
March 1st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Hey Brad ... Best of luck @ Daytona! I'll be keeping up on crackbook & checking your page for updates. Naturally, I'll be really interested what you learn about the 1098R while out there. :-)

1ofTheBoys
March 1st, 2009, 05:38 PM
Good luck Brad. I will be checking the updates.

bluedevil
March 2nd, 2009, 07:32 AM
anyone know when Daytona races will be on TV and what channels? Id love to route you on !!! Best of luck Brad !!

kfm61
March 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Good luck Brad!

We'll watch for your postings.

Don't forget the little people that once built bikes for you,, unless it's 615, he is smaller than you ! 00--00

Have a great ride and tear up some tires!!!

PersianThunder
March 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
Nak Wheelie! Nak Wheelie!... When you win of course, you ride that ducati like its an elephant!! You ride it

mra908
March 2nd, 2009, 06:59 PM
Don't know how to post a link, but it looks like Brad and Jon both did well today according to RRW.

chris nami
March 4th, 2009, 10:17 AM
go B-RAD!! :P

*GSXR~SNAIL*
March 5th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Good luck Brad.

Munch
March 5th, 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35752

mbohn
March 5th, 2009, 12:23 PM
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35752
Thanks for the link, Munch.

Pegram is 0.8 sec off the pace with a broken suspension part? Hmmmmmm.

JimWilson29
March 5th, 2009, 02:00 PM
http://wire.ama-cycle.org/

Brad 22nd, Josh 27th

benfoxmra95
March 5th, 2009, 02:42 PM
how weird is to have the superbike race on a thursday...?...

Pegram, so close to getting on the box, I've been on the edge of my seat all day. but given the time contraints he's been on with parts, and the pretty small budget he's working on, I think he did pretty damn good against the factorys.

It's going to be a good season for sure, I like the fact that it's not a runaway race with 1 or two guys(errr....ummm...suzuki...)

I am bummed that bostrom was pretty far away, given how well spies did on his first outing on the R1. But boz crashed in a big way at daytona years back and i think that's still plays a factor in his pysche.

I can't wait for the miller round, i am there for sure.