PDA

View Full Version : Adopt-A-Novice Program 2009

Wild Cheetah 612
February 19th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Last year it seemed to work great and help out a lot of the new racers. So, if any of you rookie racers want to get hooked up with an expert to help you through the first few race weekends with all the procedural stuff, getting to know a new track and advice on racing, post up here and we'll get you going with someone.

Ninja Nate
February 19th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'm pretty much new to racing. I will be racing an RC51 this year, and would appreciate any and all help 8)

Munch
February 19th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Looking to get into MRA this season myself.

Will be running a 2006 749R.

Any help/tips would be appreciated!

eklew
February 19th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Please adopt me. I will be racing a 98 GSXR 600. Thanks in advance.

Jon
February 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I'll help you twins riders, just follow me I can show you dome lines. Seriously though, ask and I'll help and welcome to the MRA

JimWilson29
February 20th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I'll help you twins riders, just follow me I can show you dome lines. Seriously though, ask and I'll help and welcome to the MRA

Jon I already warned Munch about you. http://smiliesftw.com/x/biggrin.gif

oldtimer
February 20th, 2009, 01:16 PM
I'm a novice I want to be adopted! :D

mbohn
February 21st, 2009, 06:51 AM
Can I request Danika Patrick as my mentor?

dragos13
February 23rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
I'm a novice I want to be adopted! :D

I'll adopt Wyeth as long as she stays slower then me!!! :D

Seriously though, I am available to assist any new riders. If someone does want a personal "mentor" for the year send me a PM.

N1K
February 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM
I'm fng too in need of adoption

peteyt328
March 3rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Hey everyone, I am 23 yrs old and this will be my first year racing. I have a track ready 05 zx-6rr, I haven't even been able to do a track day yet but I am anxiously awaiting this season. I am currently signed up for the class on April 11'th. I have been riding on the street for some time now but I have no experience racing so I would really appreciate someone who could take some time to show me the ropes. Thanks!

phildrummond
March 3rd, 2009, 04:19 PM
First track day and first race. Awesome! I'd adopt you but I'm a novice and don't know what I'm doing.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 9th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Well, I guess I would be a Novice to MRA but not racing. I just need help with doing my first weekend then I will be good as seeing I have been racing in Europe for the past 4+ years. I am just not sure how it all works over here in MRA.

oldtimer
April 9th, 2009, 08:31 PM
I'll adopt Wyeth as long as she stays slower then me!!! :D

What the heck, conditional adoption? :lol:

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
What i need is some help pickin my classes to race so I can sign up right away for the whol eseason.

marty
April 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
What i need is some help pickin my classes to race so I can sign up right away for the whol eseason.
for a novice on a 600 you can run Novice GTU and GTO, Amateur GTU and GTO, and Middleweight Endurance (30 minute solo endurance race). novice and endurance are on saturday and amateur is on sunday.

DOUBLE A
April 12th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I am new tooo! how bout that super fast Jim Wilson, he might have enough time for a newb eh'? Hey bro, It's Aaron whatta you think maybe a little kick in the right direction & this old repsol could place a little better than last place!

JimWilson29
April 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM
how bout that super fast Jim Wilson,

that sounds like an oxymoron. super fast should only be used in the same sentence as clarkie, hendry, turner, turpin..... i'm just a racer that somehow managed to cross the finish line everytime regardless of my bike saying it wouldnt and my body telling me it couldnt. not sure if my season is going to get off the ground right now but if i somehow make it out there i will help you out any way i can.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
for a novice on a 600 you can run Novice GTU and GTO, Amateur GTU and GTO, and Middleweight Endurance (30 minute solo endurance race). novice and endurance are on saturday and amateur is on sunday.

Ok, so the GTU(600) and GTO(unlimited) are good but what about supersport classes? I like the endurance as seeing I did it in Germany but for 90 minutes not 30 minutes

marty
April 13th, 2009, 11:32 PM
the supersport and superbike classes are for white plates only. novice is all yellow plates and the amateur is yellow plates and white plates who haven't gotten bumped out yet. so it will depend on if you plan on running a full novice season or asking to get bumped after 3 races.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Ok, I was reading the rule book last night and could not find were it said what classes we Novice and which were expert. Now I know so I will be signing up tonight for my races for sure.

Jon
April 14th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Elvis,
I feel sure that if you were an expert in Europe that you'll qualify and race at a much much higher level than most all our novices here and find yourself ready to move up and be able to move up quickly in the MRA. Not that the MRA a slow group of fellows but the racing that I've seen in Europe has just been shall we say at a higher level. What might I ask, were your lap times at HPR and Pueblo? I'll be keeping an eye out but will bet you'd give me a run for my money. Look forward to meeting you and best of luck!

elvis8310@hotmail.com
April 15th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Elvis,
I feel sure that if you were an expert in Europe that you'll qualify and race at a much much higher level than most all our novices here and find yourself ready to move up and be able to move up quickly in the MRA. Not that the MRA a slow group of fellows but the racing that I've seen in Europe has just been shall we say at a higher level. What might I ask, were your lap times at HPR and Pueblo? I'll be keeping an eye out but will bet you'd give me a run for my money. Look forward to meeting you and best of luck!

Well,I don't have any laptimes on either track as of yet. I was going to hit Pueblo this weekend but my bike still is not done. If I am lucky I will have it but its not looking good for me. So next week will be my first time on the track and I will be doing alot of learning realy fast so I can go fast on that track. I ran mid pack in Germany so I hope to do good here but am still learning to ride again in America. Stop by and say hi in the pits as I don't know very many people around these parts. I will have an Army of One ez-up and my # is 831. I hope all is together before the first race. I still need to get my transponder and the bike painted and a generator. Other than that I hope all is up to par for the MRA.