PDA

View Full Version : HPR question

cosp600rr
February 19th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked already. I have looked and can't find any info but on the HPR website it says that April 10 is a motorcycle lapping day. Its the day before the race school so is that part of the school or is it an open day for everybody. Thanks

Wild Cheetah 612
February 19th, 2009, 08:00 AM
It will be open to all motorcycles. I don't know what the cost is for this day. Glenn?

dragos13
February 19th, 2009, 08:02 AM
From the website:

April 10th 2009. Open Lapping Day - motorcycles only. $150 per bike for a full day, $90 for a half day. Session structure and length dependent on participation.

See you all there :twisted:

The GECCO
February 19th, 2009, 10:31 AM
There WILL be a "licensing" requirement similar to the program Pueblo ran the last few years. Anyone who wants to get on the track will have to complete an orientation course and will receive some type of a laminated license similar to your MRA license.

For the most part, these HPR licenses will be for street riders or anyone who has no other racing credentials. If you have an MRA license (or other CAMA club racing license) you will not have to take the orientation course before going on the track. The first few track days we may do a few "sighting laps" lead by a pace car/bike before the track goes hot. These will be for those that have never been on the track before and want to see the track, the entrance, the exit, etc at something closer to a snails pace before going out in a "hot" session.

These "little details" seem rather insignificant (to the members AND the HPR Board) but an unimaginable number of them are piling up and we are meeting and emailing constantly to try to get things ironed out, so please be patient with us if things don't seem terribly smooth at first :)

cosp600rr
February 20th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the info everybody. Is there going to be a place we will have to sign up or will it just be show up and pay?

Also will we be able to come up thursday night for us people that have campers and live farther away? Thanks again.

The GECCO
February 20th, 2009, 08:57 AM
It will be show up and pay.

The paddock will not be open for overnight use, but I'm sure you can find a parking lot in Byers to park and camp in.

GNGSXR
February 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
The first few track days we may do a few "sighting laps" lead by a pace car/bike before the track goes hot. These will be for those that have never been on the track before and want to see the track, the entrance, the exit, etc at something closer to a snails pace before going out in a "hot" session.

That is probably a good idea.
I would like to map out some mental brake markers before i end up overshooting the turn right after each long straight away. :shock:

see you guys on the 10th!!!!

Jon
February 21st, 2009, 12:34 AM
So will this be the grand opening Gala that's been talked about for the gold patrons?

jsears1864
February 21st, 2009, 03:56 AM
For the most part, these HPR licenses will be for street riders or anyone who has no other racing credentials. If you have an MRA license (or other CAMA club racing license) you will not have to take the orientation course before going on the track.

I'm confused... So does my Vanmar racer certification i got Sept 18th 2008 mean i do or do not need another class?

marty
February 21st, 2009, 06:29 PM
For the most part, these HPR licenses will be for street riders or anyone who has no other racing credentials. If you have an MRA license (or other CAMA club racing license) you will not have to take the orientation course before going on the track.

I'm confused... So does my Vanmar racer certification i got Sept 18th 2008 mean i do or do not need another class?
hey john,
what paper work did mark give you when you were done? look through your stuff and see if it was a license or track cert

The GECCO
February 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
So will this be the grand opening Gala that's been talked about for the gold patrons?

No, Jon, that's on March 28th. Keep an eye on your mailbox, invites are going out soon :)