PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the next MRA President?

The GECCO
February 16th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Hello all,

First I want to say that as I enter my sixth season as the President of this club, I can look back on the last five seasons and see many, many fond memories. When I first started hanging around the club little more than a decade ago I would have never guessed I would be where I am today.

As a little history for those that may not have been around at the time... I started hanging around the MRA in 1998 when I met a racer from Fort Collins. I took the school and ran a few races in 1999, and 2000 was my first full season. I was elected to the position of Rider Rep for the 2003 season. At the end of that season I ran for Track Marshal and was elected. Unfortunately, because of some nefarious activities of the then president who was re-elected during the same election, that election was invalidated. A new election was scheduled and I was encouraged to run for President instead of Track Marshal. I did, and was elected. The rest, as they say, is history.

I will not be running for a fourth term in November. I MAY run for another board position, but I haven't decided that yet. It's because I think this position is so important to the club that I want people to start thinking NOW about who they want to occupy this seat. I also encourage anyone who is thinking of running for President to say so soon, so that the members can get to know you in 2009. I have a couple ideas of who *I* would like to see take over, but I will reserve endorsing any particular candidate until later in the season.

Throttleroller277
February 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Being able to see things from "behind the scenes" per say, and being able to see the effort and time that it requires to be President, it is not an easy task. You have a done a great job Glenn! I admire your dedication, and willingness to set aside your own racing efforts, in order to better serve the MRA as President!!

Thanks,
Brownie 8)