PDA

View Full Version : Track Days?

avitar100
February 15th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I know im am not the only one out there wondering when the next track day is going down. I always seem to be out of the loop when it comes to things like this. (its lonely down here in pueblo :cry: ) I was thinking it might be cool if we had a thread started that listed different track days that anyone knows about so post them if you know about them :)

Ninja Nate
February 15th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I have heard that Chicane will be doing a trackday March 22nd in Pueblo. I also have heard that there will be no more open trackdays at Pueblo with the new owners.

avitar100
February 15th, 2009, 02:21 PM
is that the only way we are going to get seat time this year?

cromer611
February 15th, 2009, 03:12 PM
pretty much

avitar100
February 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
well keep us all posted with anymore track days that come up. I dont want to miss any

NossLou
February 15th, 2009, 09:04 PM
So what I'm hearing there will no longer be open track days down at Pueblo...new to me.... Do you have to do them with club sponsored event.... What about HPR and PMI and what are they going to run..... 200 bucks a track day by a sponsored org. is pretty hefty.

rybo
February 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I'm the guy that runs Chicane, and here is what I know:

1) Pueblo is NOT going to offer open track days this year. I'm going to have several on the calendar that will have proper insurance, a corner crew and an ambulance on site. Cost will likely be about $120 a day.

2) PPIR has never offered open trackdays. I will have a couple of events there as well. Probably closer to $200 a day. Again, staffed with ambulance, corner crew and proper insurance.

3) HPR will be offering open testing at the track on several Fridays throughout the summer. Cost will be around $150. I'm not sure of their staffing specifics. I am also planning on offering a couple of trackdays there this summer. I'm not sure of pricing for that facility yet.

I'll have more info in the supporting vendors section soon.

Scott

JimWilson29
February 16th, 2009, 08:51 AM
..... 200 bucks a track day by a sponsored org. is pretty hefty.

not very hefty when you consider the events are fully staffed with paramedics and corner workers...

Slider
February 16th, 2009, 09:30 AM

not very hefty when you consider the events are fully staffed with paramedics and corner works...

And the fact that it's the average cost of any track day out of state :D BUT this its much less of a drive and saves on gas!!!

avitar100
February 16th, 2009, 12:52 PM
120 a day at pueblo sounds alot better than 200
that would be great!

NossLou
February 16th, 2009, 02:32 PM

not very hefty when you consider the events are fully staffed with paramedics and corner works...

And the fact that it's the average cost of any track day out of state :D BUT this its much less of a drive and saves on gas!!!

Totally agree there.... I was not aware of the flaggers and ambulance being present which brings great peace of mind...... last year towards the end we were the only two out there... buddy went down...didn't know till I passed him and stopped...had to go back and get the track guys to hook up and get him... would have been quicker to just take out our trailer

track was covered in oil and broken car parts from the Friday drags... track guy said he didn't see it sweeping the track at 6am.... had to have him clean that up as well

PremiumBlend
February 17th, 2009, 10:48 AM
If I'm understanding this correctly there will be no OPEN track days to UNLICENSED riders who want to get a feel for the MRA and racing but just don't have the time and money to race this season?

dragos13
February 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
If I'm understanding this correctly there will be no OPEN track days to UNLICENSED riders who want to get a feel for the MRA and racing but just don't have the time and money to race this season?

If what you mean by OPEN is how Pueblo used to run, then no there won't be any more free for all days at any tracks that I'm aware of.

There will be, however, plenty of organized trackdays for unlicensed riders available thru Chicane Trackdays. These events will be sessioned to give time to all skill levels. Also, HPR has posted their schedule with OPEN days. I dont believe there will be a license requirement there but I might be wrong.

avitar100
February 18th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Does anyone know if the chicane track days have a limited number of people that they allow to sign up for any given track day?

Do they allow half day half price?

rforsythe
February 18th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Also, HPR has posted their schedule with OPEN days. I dont believe there will be a license requirement there but I might be wrong.

I am pretty sure an orientation course will be required at HPR. I don't speak in any official capacity on this, it's just what I remember hearing Glenn say about it. This is a VERY GOOD THING, btw. EDIT: According to Glenn's most recent post, licensed racers won't have to take the course, but should probably take advantage of a couple sighting laps to learn where things are.

Does anyone know if the chicane track days have a limited number of people that they allow to sign up for any given track day?

Do they allow half day half price?

Any trackday org is going to have some upper limit for number of riders. Chicane breaks it down by rider skill. I haven't really talked to Scotty about how many riders at a time can safely fit on HPR, but suffice to say it can be a LOT. It does vary by track though.

Not sure if Scott is doing a half day price or not, but remember you will need an orientation course to ride the track so if it's your first time, the first half of your day will be spent on that regardless.

vonconcepts.com
February 28th, 2009, 07:28 AM
There is a track day down here in Albuquerque on March 8th. Open format with lunch provided. Colorado residents are being offered the student rate on our website to entice them to make the drive.

Check it. www.freetrackday.com

Kurt