PDA

View Full Version : School HPR April 11th & 12th

GSXRScott
February 9th, 2009, 02:18 PM
I'm debating on whether or not it'll be worth it to do the Pridmore School. My question is, what is the MRA school consist of? Is it just a licensing clinic or do they also give riding instruction. Thanks.

T Baggins
February 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
MANDATORY Friday evening classroom from 6pm - 9pm for BOTH schools.

Saturday school and Sunday school will be ALL DAY riding & instruction. Groups of 3-4 riders per instructor. Broken up by experience, displacement and type of bike.

Attention given to bike setup (general), tire pressures (brand specific), suspension settings (general), and anything you'll need to pass MRA tech.

Start procedure, body position, turn in point, increasing radius, decreasing radius, trail braking, etc, etc, etc...

Tons of on-bike practical experience, AND all the info on MRA specific racing stuff like registration, pre-tech, tech, flags, everything...

I've never done a Pridmore school, but I'd say that if you plan to race with the MRA, it makes sense to take the MRA school (even if you take the Pridmore school too) or you'll show up the first race weekend and won't know what the hell is going on...

Moto-Mania
February 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM
Ditto what Tony said.

I've done a couple Pridmore Schools.
PM me if you're interested in my impressions.

bluedevil
February 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM
MANDATORY Friday evening classroom from 6pm - 9pm for BOTH schools.

Where is the Fri night class located?
If Sat is a rain out, will the paid riders be able to participate on Sunday?

hcr25
February 11th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Class room portion is at Faster Motosports from 6 to 9pm

If we will be racing in the rain at High Plains why would we not be able to do the school there in the rain?

bluedevil
February 11th, 2009, 11:48 AM

If we will be racing in the rain at High Plains why would we not be able to do the school there in the rain?

Didnt think of that I guess, Had PMP in mind I guess...

The GECCO
February 11th, 2009, 11:53 AM

Didnt think of that I guess, Had PMP in mind I guess...

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 16th, 2009, 05:55 PM
So is there a list of who is signed up for saturday and what are the times for being at the track and when will it end? i am look for a schedual for saturday. It is my wifes B-day so I would like to know when to book dinner for her in denver.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 16th, 2009, 08:10 PM
So is there a list of who is signed up for saturday and what are the times for being at the track and when will it end? i am look for a schedual for saturday. It is my wifes B-day so I would like to know when to book dinner for her in denver.

T Baggins
February 17th, 2009, 09:01 AM
I don't post a list of who's signed up for when. I don't think it's anyone's business, honestly...

I will send a confirmation letter a couple weeks in advance of the schools with EXACT information on where to be when, what to bring, etc...

I don't know for sure what time the school will end on Saturday, oftentimes we go until 5pm...

My advice is that you take the school on Sunday, and not try to squeeze the school and your wife's birthday dinner in on one day. You'll be completely wasted by the end of the day, and you won't be any fun at dinner.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
February 17th, 2009, 11:26 AM
i was not asking for it to published just looking to see if i am on it for saturday. I never heard back when I signed up so am in limbo to if I will be on the track or not. Please PM me so i can talk off line to you.

T Baggins
February 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
pm sent.

I did get your app, and sent a confirm to that effect on Jan 25th. Not sure why you don't have it...