PDA

View Full Version : WERA and ASMA Novice

duggram
February 3rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I'm a WERA and ASMA race license holder. I am a novice. I would like to start riding in MRA events. Would my licenses allow me to obtain an MRA license?

I've been through race license school and advanced riding schools (in fact I'm attending another one in two weeks). I've ridden in both WERA and ASMA races.

I live in Albuquerque and see that the trip to HPR is at least a couple of hours shorter than driving to WERA races in Las Vegas. Although it's a few hours longer than the trip to Arroyo Seco.

BTW I ride an 1125 Buell (I know I should have started on an SV). I'll be looking to ride in as many classes as possible.

Any information/advice appreciated.

Thank you, Doug

jplracing
February 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Doug

Your currently amsa and wera license will allow you to apply for one with the MRA without taking a class. You will just need to fill out the license application and go from there.

In terms of the buell.....( I am not 100% on the engine config) however in the MRA as a novice you are only eligible for our Novice GTU/GTO and Am GTO/GTU. I think that since the Buell is a air cooled bike it is allowed in the GTU classes....but check the rule book just to make sure

Also you can run our endurance races

Hope that helps

Joe

PS (pending new rider director approval, you may be allowed to run in supertwins classes)

duggram
February 3rd, 2009, 11:19 AM
Joe, thanks for the reply. My bike is an 1125R with a liquid cooled Rotax 1125cc motor. You're thinking of the old Buells with the sportster motors.

At WERA events I run Heavy Weight Twins and A Superbike (where I get trounced!). For ASMA I've just been running HWT but next month will probably start also in ULSB for more experience. HWT are fun, not over crowded classes. The liter bike classes I enter just for the fun and experience.

Thanks again.
Doug

JimWilson29
February 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
The 1125r is allowed in the Heavyweight, Open and Twins GTO classes or Novice and Amatuer GTO if you plan on running as a Novice. It's not a GTU bike.

Here is new rule change for 2009 to allow in heavyweight-
5. Allow up to 1125cc twins in heavyweight classes (sections 2.2.3.2 and 2.3.2.2)

2.2.3.2. Heavyweight Supersport

· 1125cc or less two cylinder, liquid cooled, four stroke

2.3.2.2.. Heavyweight Superbike

· Over 485cc and 1125cc or less two cylinder, liquid cooled, four stroke

jplracing
February 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Joe, thanks for the reply. My bike is an 1125R with a liquid cooled Rotax 1125cc motor. You're thinking of the old Buells with the sportster motors.

At WERA events I run Heavy Weight Twins and A Superbike (where I get trounced!). For ASMA I've just been running HWT but next month will probably start also in ULSB for more experience. HWT are fun, not over crowded classes. The liter bike classes I enter just for the fun and experience.

Thanks again.
Doug

Ah you are right I did mistake it for the older versions. In that case...Jim's response is correct