PDA

View Full Version : Corner Marshal 2009

Timmay!
January 31st, 2009, 10:22 AM
If I could get feedback from everyone on what their availability is for next year that would be helpful. Please look at the schedule and advise me here or in a P.M. on what your level of involvement will be.
Please start talking to friends, family, homeless people, etc, about corner marshaling next year. With the size of HPR we are going to need all the help we can get. You can recruit better than any publicity fliers or emails, as you are the ones who come back every year! must be a reason... sell that reason!

phildrummond
February 2nd, 2009, 01:09 PM
I'll race a few and work corners most. Economy lends itself to working over racing and I'm thinking something like this...

4/11 - 4/12 MRA Schools Saturday and Sunday HPR - Working both days.
4/25 - 4/26 MRA Race #1 at PMP - Working
5/9 - 5/10 MRA Race #2 at HPR - Working
5/23 - 5/25 MRA Races #3, #4 at MPH - Working
6/6 - 6/7 MRA Race #5 at HPR - RACING
6/27 - 6/28 MRA Race #6 at PMP - Working
7/11 - 7/12 MRA Race #7 at PPIR - Working
7/25 - 7/26 MRA Race #8 at HPR - RACING
8/8 - 8/9 MRA Race #9 at HPR - Working
8/29 - 8/30 MRA Race #10 at HPR - RACING
9/19 - 9/20 MRA Race #11 at PPIR - Working

Take it as an indicator but not a written contract. I have to coordinate racing and working with Kate. I'll likely do endurance which might let me work Sundays. Again, depends on my favorite racer girl.

shaneboone
February 10th, 2009, 12:11 PM
he says ... " The more things change the more things remain the same " so you'll be seeing me most if not all of next season at all events. Looking forward to it once again ... shane-

Sprtbkbabe
February 13th, 2009, 12:46 PM
PM Sent Tim

Gone_Skiing
February 17th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Hey Timmay!

I'm going to miss one race in May (not sure which weekend yet), and the weekend of June 27th& 28th.

I will be there for the school days.

-Nick

Kickstand
February 18th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Hey Tim and everyone,

Matt will be available for all races except Hastings again this year.

Wild Cheetah 612
February 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I look forward to butting heads with you each and every race weekend this upcoming season.

d

Timmay!
February 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
Hey Timmay!

I'm going to miss one race in May (not sure which weekend yet), and the weekend of June 27th& 28th.

I will be there for the school days.

-Nick

Good to hear, it appears your prognosis has improved since last we spoke...

Timmay!
February 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM
Hey Tim and everyone,

Matt will be available for all races except Hastings again this year.

OK glad to have your experience Matt! Maybe you will bring that shrew of a wife of yours to help as well! :)

Timmay!
February 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
I look forward to butting heads with you each and every race weekend this upcoming season.

d

Au contrar. you and I will get along so well this year that you will question your marriage to Otis! lol :P

Wild Cheetah 612
February 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me!
Want to have an affair? No one would have to know.

Lynn Carey
February 26th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hello. I plan on corner working this race season. The only one I definitely cannot work is race #10 in August. Generally, I am interested and plan on working, but am not yet postiive which dates exactly I can work.

cromer611
February 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me!
Want to have an affair? No one would have to know.

why is he the lucky one? :lol:

raysergirl
April 7th, 2009, 04:36 PM
wow u guys! :o donna i love u and all but STAY AWAY FROM MY DADDIKINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: LOL

Hotrod
April 7th, 2009, 06:30 PM
That's it. I am calling you "Daddykins" from now on, Tim! :twisted:

Timmay!
April 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM

The only people who get to call me THAT are the one who's poopy diapers I have changed.
Still interested Lincoln? :?:

Scored51
April 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Careful Tim, that might happen on at least one Sunday morning this season in the wee hours! It's hard finding the door in the fifth wheel when you're still drunk, eh Lincoln? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Snowman
April 8th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I can work the following dates...

April 11 and 12, 2009 - School at High Plains Raceway
April 25 and 26, 2009 - Race No.1 at Pueblo Motorsports Park
May 8, 9 and 10, 2009 - Race No.2 at High Plains Raceway
June 5, 6 and 7, 2009 - Race No.5 / USGPRU at High Plains Raceway
June 27 and 28, 2009 - Race No.6 at Pueblo Motorsports Park
July 11 and 12, 2009 - Race No.7 at Pikes Peak International Raceway
July 25 and 26, 2009 - Race No.8at High Plains Raceway
August 8 and 9, 2009 - Race No.9at High Plains Raceway
August 29 and 30, 2009 - Race No.10 at High Plains Raceway
September 19 and 20, 2009 - Race No.11 at Pikes Peak International Raceway

Scorekeeper
April 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
It is...stepping all over the bodies and dogs and shoes, and clothes. And you know the 'john' is off limits to you Lincoln if you're dropping off timber! You guys are killing me!

Mforza
April 9th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Do you still need cornerworkers for Sunday school?
I think me and my wife can be there.

Hotrod
April 10th, 2009, 08:22 AM

The only people who get to call me THAT are the one who's poopy diapers I have changed.
Still interested Lincoln? :?:
Sure thing, Daddykins. Come change my poopy diaper! :twisted:

stuntriders
April 10th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I am not sure how many people are showing up this weekend to work the corners, but I am going to jump out on a limb here and say that too many is better than not enough.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kyle Isker (formerly MRA #34). I am going to be helping the club out this year by being the bike Wench, in other words helping out anyway I can and responding to any riders that decide to take a detour.

Timmay won't be able to make it this weekend, so I will be doing my best to fill those big shoes.

See you all at the track bright and early!

Spiderman
April 10th, 2009, 03:54 PM
Tim,

I'll be at HPR for the schools this weekend (both days), and can probably work most of the season (not sure about MPH) except for end of June & July.

stuntriders
April 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I want to give a big THANK YOU to all the crew that worked the schools this weekend at HPR =D>

Thank you for enduring the weather conditions, everyone did a great job!

Snowman
April 13th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I do have a suggestion…

At HPR there are a few corners that are unable to see or hear the start finish line, mainly turns 10 and 11.

At the second start after the red flag of the mock race on Saturday, we were unable to tell what exactly was going on until the bikes crested turn 9 and started coming down the hill. Most of us in 10, 11 and 12 still had our red flags out at that time.

It might help to have someone on the radio that can see the start/finish line say something like “Green, Green Green” to let those corners that cannot see or hear the start know the race has started.

I was thinking turn 1 or 2 could because they would not get as much motorcycle noise as the starter would over the radios.

stuntriders
April 13th, 2009, 10:33 AM
That was completely my fault. I should have cleared the track before they restarted the mock race. Since I didn't do that you guys had no idea if bikes were still on their way around or not.

Anytime we red flag a race we will need to clear the track before the restart. Usually there is a reason for the red flag and you will hear what is going on on the radio, but for the school we red flag it just so the racers know what to do.

From my experience things start to click very fast once we start racing. The schools are a little more difficult because we aren't starting/stopping races and clearing the track every 15 minutes like we will be on the race weekends.

You are right though, HPR has many areas that corner workers can only see a limited area of the track. Properly clearing the track and having good communication on the radio is going to be very important.