PDA

View Full Version : anyone in the security camera biz?

marty
January 23rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
i have resisted putting in a camera system here at the bar for some time, but i am getting tired of firing thieves. anyone in the club in the security biz or have any recommendations? my current alarm company gave me an estimate of about $4k for four cameras! so i would like to find something for much less that i can view via internet and have a couple of days storage

thanks
marty

jplracing
January 24th, 2009, 12:07 AM
Marty

I have been in the electronic security business for 12 years

Give me a call at 303-961-2669 and I will get you hooked up

Joe
MRA 55

Jon
January 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Joe,
I have a DVR system that I purchased from Luke Johnstone complete with all cables and so forth. It can record as well as you can set it up to watch from a remote location via the intermet. Give me or Luke a call. Luke maybe better at explaning the in and outs but it was a top of the line system when installed. Thanks, Jon G

Moto-Mania
January 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
You can check these guys out just to get an idea of what's available and pricing. They generally have the best prices and selection - and no sales tax.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

PremiumBlend
January 27th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I used to work at Sam's Club and they sell security systems there for around $600+. They obviously aren't the best, but does come with 4 cameras, DVR and a small black/white monitor (Or you can buy the one with the color monitor). Check em out.

dave.gallant
January 27th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Can we pipe the output to a live feed on 12VoltTavern.com?

I always like to see what shenanigans are going on down at the 12 Volt!! :D

marty
January 27th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Can we pipe the output to a live feed on 12VoltTavern.com?

I always like to see what shenanigans are going on down at the 12 Volt!! :D
now that could fun :lol:

jah
January 29th, 2009, 10:04 AM
-consider the quality of the camera, cell phone quality types will not tell you much unless the place is on fire. also lighting is an issue.

-its difficult to watch a video to catch one small event and its is easy to hide things from a camera.