PDA

View Full Version : Great article from RRW

jplracing
January 23rd, 2009, 04:56 PM
Even though I have not heard of this happening in our club, I think it is a good article that we should read and be aware of

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35397

Jon
January 23rd, 2009, 05:12 PM
Sounds like the crew who visited both Daytona and Atlanta one year. Racers should always beware of thief's as many of the general public aren't as honest as we are. Always, always lock up your sh^t.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
How about a sign at HPR ...

Attention pit thieves:
We have a shotgun, a shovel, and 460 acres.
Don't mess with our stuff.

gsnyder828
January 23rd, 2009, 05:52 PM

Attention pit thieves:

I think we could round up more than just one shotgun... 00--00

Jon
January 23rd, 2009, 06:09 PM
First I guess we need to work on getting people to realize that the new track actually exists and the MRA's still around. I have spoken with many who are under the understanding that the MRA is defunct as when all the Denver racetracks shut down so did the organization who participated. Granted these must be casual observers but surprising that the word hasn't gotten out. I hope to help promote the club in the coming year and believe that a new outlook on how to promote our club could benefit us now that we have a closer facility to race at. Many believe that the promotions committee is not needed. I believe that if you get the word out people will show up. Thoughts?

tomtom
January 23rd, 2009, 06:10 PM
Good idea!! Also, what do you think about a $20 track fee added to the entries (split into track security / maintenance, corner work, plumbing & electrical construction). This could be pretty decent way to keep our peace of mind as we head out to pre-grid.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
I have spoken with many who are under the understanding that the MRA is defunct as when all the Denver racetracks shut down so did the organization who participated.
http://users.frii.com/jjb/emote/wtf.gif
Are these people living under a rock? If you type in "colorado motorcycle racing" into google, mra-racing.org hits at the absolute top. Not SRAC, or RMXA, or any ice racing, flattrack, drags or anything else.

I tried "motorcycle racing" in google (which searches the entire planet, you know) and we're on the first page - only behind amaproracing.com. AMA supercross doesn't even show up on the 1st page.

Sheesh ...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Jon, you old man.

The GECCO
January 23rd, 2009, 06:30 PM

Attention pit thieves:

Bob Darcey is in charge of all the signs at HPR, I'll let him know :D