PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Transplant

JohnGarc
January 18th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Hi All,

This is Tracy, John's wife. I just wanted to inform ya'll that John will be undergoing kidney surgery tomorrow at Porter Adventist Hospital here in Denver. For those of you that know and for most that don't, about a year ago John decided to give up one of his kidneys to his mother "Georgia" who is currently on kidney dialysis. We all feel this will give John's mother a better quality of life...

Thank you all and see ya at the track this year,

Tracy Garcia

Moto-Mania
January 18th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Thanks, Tracy.

Do you know
(1) About when John will be able to accept visitors?
(2) Whether or not John will be racing this season?

Electroman
January 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
I wish John the best.
That is so kind of him to do that.

1ofTheBoys
January 19th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Tracy, Let John know we are thinking about him. Please let us know when we can visit.

Sheila & Amanda

glenngsxr
January 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Tracy and John,
Good luck to you and what a wonderful thing to do. My dad gave a kidney to my brother a few years back and everyone is healthy as a horse and living a pretty normal life. Let me know if you need advice on certain things or not. Glenn #62

JohnGarc
January 19th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

John's surgery went very well and he is recovering very well. Georgia is doing awesome... Her blood sugar is coming down to normal.

Visitors can come and see him anytime tomorrow. He is in Room 3131 at Porter Adventist Hospital.

Thank you,
Tracy

spyvspy
January 20th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Tracy--

Please tell John "hi" for us and let him know we're thinking about him! SO glad it went well.

We will definitely stop by tonight after work, if that works for you guys. Give me a call-- 720 352 0216-- and let me know room details, etc. Also, what can we bring?!? Food from the outside? Racer magazines?!? A Bronco's cake for Georgia? Ha! Let us know!

See you tonight,
Kate and Tom

Mforza
January 20th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Tracy, tell John that I will come to see him ASAP when I get back in town! :D :D

Mforza
January 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
I did talk to John on the phone. He's still little tired but when I asked him when he's getting out of the hospital he said soon and he's words ..." I 've got some racing to do" :D :D

spyvspy
January 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM
Hey!

Tom and I visited John and his family last night and they are all doing well. John was up and about with his IV and totally impressive for being in surgery less than 24 hours prior!

John, keep healing and tell us if you get bored and want some more company! Tracy, good to see you and thanks for letting us know how John is doing.

Best,
Kate (and Tom)

JohnGarc
January 29th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to post a quick reply to thank all of you for coming to see me in the Hospital and the dozens of phone calls from MRA friends, it really meant a lot... Surgery was a plus and now i am just waiting for the healing process to end. So far so good, pain is lessening day by day... Family is the greatest strength you can have on your side...

Mom, is doing really well. In fact, she healed up faster then me and she is on her way to a speedy recovery!!! Right now, we are experimenting with her meds to control her blood/sugar level. But she looks fantastic and we are very gracious that everything went 100%.

The MRA is very important to me and has secured a special place in my heart and to continue racing this 09' season. I can't wait for a full speedy recovery so I can hit the track. See ya guys soon.
:D :) :D