PDA

View Full Version : What is the purpose of a pit crew pass?

Captain Obvious
January 16th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I know what a pit crew is, my question is do we have to get a pass for anyone who will be working in our pit area? What about just the bystander who will be helping get on off the bike each time? Or are the passes meant for the hot pits only?

I guess I don't understand what I am paying for and don't know how many I would need. I didn't see anything in the rule book that really explains this.

Spiderman
January 16th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Unless it's changed, it can be used by anybody who regularly attends the races with you (ie: pit-crew/significant other/best friend/etc.)... it ends up being cheaper than paying the entry fee for them for each race weekend. Alternatively, you can loan them to friends to attend one (or more) race weekends (just be sure to get them back so you can give them to someone else for the next race weekend). You could also give them to a sponsor if they are going to be attending one or more race weekends.

Does that help?

Others: if I missed anything, please chime in! 8)

The GECCO
January 16th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Bob got it pretty well, but here are the differences between an Associate Membership and a Crew Pass:

Associate Membership
- Has voting rights in MRA elections
- Is assigned to a specific person and can only be used by that person for gate entry

Crew Pass
- has no voting rights
- is not assigned to any particular person, so anyone can use it for gate entry

If you have one or more people that you know will attend and/or help you at each event and you think they will help you stuff the ballot box, they should get Associate Memberships. If your crew is less consistent but you want to be able to get people in w/o paying gate fees, you should purchase a couple crew passes with your license so you can get people in to help.

gsnyder828
January 16th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Can someone confirm the cost of gate entry for 2009?

Also - is gate entry good for the weekend or must it be paid each day?

hcr25
January 16th, 2009, 01:12 PM
$10.00 for the weekend. Pay once unless you lose your wrist band.

GNGSXR
January 16th, 2009, 04:38 PM
did the MRA packets for 2009 already get mailed out?

Jon
January 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Word was last week that they'll go out next week. Look for them soon though

GNGSXR
January 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
i should look around the forum first :lol:
http://forums.mra-racing.org/viewtopic.php?t=7835

ryan
April 22nd, 2009, 11:53 AM
how much are crew passes for 09? Where do i go to get them?

Munch
April 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
If you and a friend are volunteering for hours, do you need a pass also?

T Baggins
April 22nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Everybody either has to have a pass, associate membership, race membership, or pay at the gate to get in to the MRA events.

I have the crew passes at pre-tech in the mornings $55 each - AND they can ONLY be purchased by licensed MRA racers.

ryan
April 23rd, 2009, 11:14 AM
cool so $55 for the whole season for one person. Ill come find you on sun