PDA

View Full Version : Michelin US Motorcycle Championship Race Series

Vanmar Racing
January 12th, 2009, 01:29 PM
Greetings Michelin Racers!!!

Attached is a copy of the press release that will be released this morning announcing The first ever Michelin US Motorcycle Championship event taking place at Barber Motorsport Park on October 3-5th,2009.
This is a Michelin only event sanctioned and run by WERA and CCS. More details will be available on michelinmotorcycle.com shortly.
The payout for this event to the racers is $87,500 ( Paying 1st - 10th in each class) for the two day event and marks the first time we will be joined by the ladies as Femmoto ventures into racing in 2009 with the addition of the US Women's Road Racing Championship.
Additional press releases will be released concerning Michelin going the extra mile this year an offering racers the opportunity to earn a share of over $3,000,000 in contingency for 2009,
Femmoto's announcement ,ASRA announcement, WERA announcement.
Michelin has partnered with ASRA to sponsor the Michelin Pro Series and with WERA to sponsor the National Challenge series on a multi year agreement.

MICHELIN U.S. MOTORCYCLE CHAMPIONSHIP POSTS $87,500 PURSE FOR PRO, EXPERT AND AMATEUR RACERS

GREENVILLE, S.C. (Jan. 09, 2009) – The Michelin Motorcycle Championship, set for October 3-4, 2009 at Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham, Ala., will be an exclusive, invitation-only event for sportsman-level racers who compete on MICHELIN® racing tires. The event will offer $87,500 in prize money over two days of racing.

The Michelin U.S. Motorcycle Championship will be co-sanctioned by both WERA and CCS/ASRA, and will comprise three classes recognized by both organizations: 600cc supersport, 1000cc superstock and Thunderbike/Twins. Within each class, racers will be divided into pro, expert and amateur divisions, with separate purse payouts for each.

"This is the first time that WERA and CCS have come together to sanction a single event," said Bernard Jarrousse, Michelin North America's director for motorcycle road racing. "We want to provide an opportunity for regional racers who compete on MICHELIN® racing tires to test themselves against riders from across the country, and to possibly finish the 2009 season with a big payday."

The Michelin U.S. Motorcycle Championship will also feature the U.S. Women's Road Racing Series Championship, presented by Femmoto. This represents the first time that Femmoto has ventured into racing.

Thanks!!!
Tammy Schellinger

500rgurl
January 12th, 2009, 02:08 PM
WOW! That is so great!

oldtimer
January 12th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Holy schnikeys! It's $5,000 to the woman racer who wins the Barber event!!

Posted on Femmoto.com ....

http://www.femmoto.com/femmotorules2009.html

dave.gallant
January 12th, 2009, 04:36 PM

Go win that $5k, but then to be perfectly honest I would rather see you scrapping in ROR where your talent belongs. Once the helmet goes on, does it really matter if it is a guy or a gal under that lid? :D

Ray-Ray
January 12th, 2009, 04:40 PM

Go win that $5k, but then to be perfectly honest I would rather see you scrapping in ROR where your talent belongs. Once the helmet goes on, does it really matter if it is a GAY or a gal under that lid? :D

WTH???

T Baggins
January 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Once the helmet goes on, does it really matter if it is a gay or a gal under that lid? :D

No. But it matters when the helmet comes off... especially if it's in the bedroom! Yikes! ha ha!

dave.gallant
January 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Stop dreaming and changing my posts you bastard. :)

T Baggins
January 12th, 2009, 04:42 PM
don't worry Ray-Ray, I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to you. Those girls would beat you down proper anyway...

T Baggins
January 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Stop dreaming and changing my posts you bastard. :)

Actually Dave, I think that was a legitimate typo. Ray doesn't have edit capability, and I didn't see it until just now. Funny!

I'm gonna have a leather dress made and try to win me some of that money! :lol:

oldtimer
January 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Go win that $5k, but then to be perfectly honest I would rather see you scrapping in ROR where your talent belongs. Once the helmet goes on, does it really matter if it is a guy or a gal under that lid? :D

Don't be jealousy Dave. 8)

Whoohoo, $5k payout for the chick class!!

Ray-Ray
January 12th, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm gonna have a leather dress made and try to win me some of that money! :lol:

You might as well.... YOU RIDE LIKE A GIRL!!

phildrummond
January 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I wish I raced like a girl. I'd be OK with many of their lap times and would be pretty proud to finish mid-pack with them.

(Kate didn't make me say that)

phildrummond
January 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Ohhhh wait...Kate- they have a motorcycle museum ON SITE at Barber. Wouldn't your office like to send you there for some research? Oct maybe? Just sayin'...

chris nami
January 13th, 2009, 08:55 AM
regardless if dave, ray ray, or tony are gay... this event is bad ass...no pun intended. :shock: