PDA

View Full Version : I'm Moving to Texas

1ofTheBoys
January 10th, 2009, 08:23 PM
Some of you know I was laid off in December and I have had to make some major decisions because of this. One of those decisions was to decide whether I stay here in Colorado or move to Texas.

Well I have decided to move to Texas at the end of January. This was not an easy decision because I have made allot of friends here over the years but this is a positive move for me.

You may be asking...why Texas? Are you nuts??? Well yes I am but that's not the reason. The real reason is that I have a sister that lives outside of San Antonio and she has been trying to get me to move there for a while. Well now is the perfect time to make that change.

No I do not have a job lined up yet but I did receive severance so this will help in getting me on my feet.

I doubt I will be racing this year but I will definitely be doing track days and R2SL events.

I will miss all of the friends I have made.

Mforza
January 10th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Good luck there Sheila :)

Scored51
January 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM
It's under a 1K miles to Denver, so we'll let you off coming to the monthly meetings. However, it will be expected of you to show up for all racing events! :shock:

You will be missed, and I hope to see you again soon. Take care...

Racing616
January 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
ahhh, sad day. Now you come on back, you here?

toptier
January 11th, 2009, 10:38 AM
sad to see you go. Hope everything goes well for you in Texas.
Thanks again for the resume help.

Edda Tully
January 11th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hey Sheila, sorry to hear, you're moving you will be missed by those who know you best. I was only around you a couple of times but in those times you were always very friendly and sweet. Good luck in your future endeavors.
God Bless,
Edda and Charles...

1ofTheBoys
January 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone...at least there are race tracks in Texas.
Edda, I am making a detour and will see you the end of the month at the banquet.

JohnGarc
January 11th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Take care Sheila and definitely keep in touch... You were a great friend and I enjoyed helping you with your bike in the pits... Good luck and god bless!!!

grant_me_rev's
January 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
this sux...but we all know that its best for you and your family - lets make sure we race again we'll find a track to meet and go have fun! wish you the best alwayz Sheil!!!

kfm61
January 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Good luck Sheila, we'll miss you!

Keep in touch. Since I'm from Texas if you have trouble picking up the accent myself and a few others can help you communicate there. After all, it is like a different country!

Now git ta packin' cus I no yer fixin' ta head out! Oh yea, don't fergit ta check tha' all in yer motor and tars on yer car!

Moto-Mania
January 11th, 2009, 08:34 PM
All the best, Sheila.
Sorry you have to go.
I enjoyed our little talks in the pits.
It was fun sharing your excitement at your breakthrough weekend at MPH.

joe859
January 11th, 2009, 10:07 PM
:(

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 11th, 2009, 11:47 PM
CMRA! TWS! Sheila, you're in!

I go down to Austin quite a bit for work and there's some awesome street riding in the hill country between Austin & San Antonio.

If you're near Austin, you should look up Marc Vandament (one of my "friends" on facebook). He used to work at Aprilia and is the guy who gave me the $8000 trophy check @ the banquet in 2005. He owns Moto Pro and carries cyclecinch & lives in Austin.

Also, in New Braunsfels is AF1 Racing, which is THE premier Aprilia raceshop in the US. Jon Francis & Ed Cook are totally good guys to deal with so you should say hi.

So once you get down there and get going, let us know and we'll form a MRA posse to come down and (try to) whip up on the local CMRA racers. I've been looking for a reason to go to Hallett. :-)

1ofTheBoys
January 12th, 2009, 07:20 AM
It just so happens the little town we are moving to is New Braunfels. We will be living at the Texas Ski Ranch where my brother-in-law teaches motocross so Amanda will have allot of things to do and she can get back out on the dirtbikes.

I have mailed in my race application for CMRA but not sure how much racing I will do until I get settled in but at least I will have the license.

I am keeping my cell number the same and I can also be contacted on MySpace or Facebook so I would love to hear from everyone.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
January 12th, 2009, 10:10 AM
It just so happens the little town we are moving to is New Braunfels.
Awesome. Time to get an Aprilia!! :-) (http://www.af1racing.com/contact_us.htm)

Oh, and you're going to be right near Schlitterbahn (http://www.schlitterbahn.com/nb/) where I've promised I'd take my wife one day soon. I'll facebook ya' next time I'm coming down.

dragos13
January 12th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Sheila that REALLY sucks. You will be missed both on and off the track!

Wild Cheetah 612
January 12th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Sheila, I will miss you!!! The dirtbiking will do wonders for your roadracing! take care and come back to visit!

d

Spicee Brown
January 13th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Sheila, just Heard. Im sorry to lose a friend, But now I have two friends in Texas to visit! You've been great, and an ambassodor to our sport..and well..a GOOD FRIEND! Please stop in..Asap!

spyvspy
January 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM
We'll miss you, Sheila. :(
You know I'm here if you need anything... for both you and Amanda.

-Kate-

1ofTheBoys
January 14th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone, I am going to miss each of you but hey I can always come back to visit...or race a weekend or two.

dragos13
January 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Thanks everyone, I am going to miss each of you but hey I can always come back to visit...or race a weekend or two.

When you make the trip back up, you can borrow my bike to race!

1ofTheBoys
January 14th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Your awesome, thanks Casey...I may take you up on that.