PDA

View Full Version : MRA Banquet -- What'd I miss?? Great Speeches??

dave.gallant
January 5th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Being sick as a dog, I couldn't make the MRA Banquet. What did I miss?

I hear there were some great speeches?

Did the #1 plate holder thank Clarkie for the championship gift like any other stand-up guy would?

Please, tell. I am all ears.

benfoxmra95
January 5th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I heard tony's was pretty good, i missed it, damnit man.

Dan made it pretty clear that he was thankful and wished clark well.

marty
January 5th, 2009, 08:47 PM

Did the #1 plate holder thank Clarkie for the championship gift like any other stand-up guy would?

i thanked you for being a "grid filler" so me and jeff could race for tire money :twisted:

motobum
January 5th, 2009, 08:58 PM

i thanked you for being a "grid filler" so me and jeff could race for tire money :twisted:

marty im coming for you on my supermoto bike!

TRK
January 5th, 2009, 09:40 PM
8)

marty
January 5th, 2009, 09:43 PM
marty im coming for you on my supermoto bike!

hope you got some tall front sprockets, the only way i got past gallant was on the straits :roll: :lol:

dave.gallant
January 5th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Dan made it pretty clear that he was thankful and wished clark well.

Really.

You paint a brighter picture than some in attendance. It would be fantastic if there was some video of said speeches so I can feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I imagine our top rider's sponsors would like to see how they are being represented as well?

marty
January 5th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Really.

You paint a brighter picture than some in attendance. It would be fantastic if there was some video of said speeches so I can feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I imagine our top rider's sponsors would like to see how they are being represented as well?
i think i'll go ahead and start popping some popcorn

benfoxmra95
January 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
This shouldn't turn into anything at all in my opinion.

there's should be no "sides" of this thing. No body, wanted to see clark get hurt, or anyone else for that matter, so let's not get this thing sideways.

I was sitting at dan's table and here's what I saw:

I saw a man who just got back from vacation, who just came in from a lower elevation, who was dog ass tired, and had a little too much to drink.

we all know that elevation can play hell on your brain function, couple that with alcohol, jet lag, and no sleep and you're going to be a little loopy.

I didn't see a guy who was unthankful. (I distincly recall a conversation with dan at ppir on saturday night where he was upset over clark. and kept going on about how he knew that the only reason he'd might be getting a another #1 plate was becuase clark wasn't there, and clark had him beat hands down all season) back to the banquet, I saw a guy saying some things about some haybales, that maybe he should have kept for a general meeting.

up there he said what happened to clark was a horrible thing, and he felt ppir was unsafe and this shouldn't have happened, this is what i heard while standing up there.

we all feel like it shouldn't have happened. were all pissed.

was he drunk, hell yes he was, did he push the limits, of course. but no one here, and I gurantee you, no one can say, they've never had a few too many drinks and said some stupid shit to friends.

is it an excuse for him to do it, not at all, I just don't think this thing should be blown up.

Again, there's no sides to this thing, Im not on anyone's side, im just stating what i saw.

dave.gallant
January 5th, 2009, 10:59 PM
So, just for clarity, lets see if I can paraphrase:

Drunk guy gracefully accepts the gift of the #1 plate by...

First being drunk on stage (which must represent the importance of the gift to him).

Then second, he admonishes the MRA for lack of safety at PPIR in front of international guests?

Is that close? Or, am I way off base like usual?

Just two more quick questions -- If the track was so unsafe, why did drunk guy race at Sundays PPIR race?

Who were drunk guy's sponsors once again? I must have missed that part.

Wild Cheetah 612
January 6th, 2009, 12:09 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Food/eating-popcorn-04.gif

T Baggins
January 6th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Sounds to me like this is something personal between Dave and Dan.

I'm not sure that there is anything positive that could come from continuing this thread.

The GECCO
January 6th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Agreed, but maybe we could turn it around by posting a video of YOUR speech! :shock:

dave.gallant
January 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds to me like this is something personal between Dave and Dan.

Nah -- Nothing personal.

I am simply embarrassed and disappointed.

Spicee Brown
January 6th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Lets concentrate on happy stuff, Get ready for a better year. it was a happy night..and Tony was a happy drunk. Lets hope that ends up on You tube. That was entertainment.
My first banquet was fun, thank you all for welcoming me into the club.

Vanmar Racing
January 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2ed5p1f.jpg

T Baggins
January 6th, 2009, 01:12 PM
Agreed, but maybe we could turn it around by posting a video of YOUR speech! :shock:

If only we could find a copy of that... Believe me, nobody wants to see it more than me. I don't have any idea what I said - but I'm pretty sure it didn't correlate very closely to the script I had written. There definitely weren't any "F Bombs" in my original speech... :oops:

The GECCO
January 6th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Kim Neafus has it....Kim?? Are you holding out on us?

froth
January 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM
So Dan had a few pops after 7 hours of jet lag and said a few things. I've done that a few times without booze or tired (see 1988 speech to base commander/boss = end of air force career).

I would have rather heard his opinions on rain, safety, etc, at a safety meeting, or general meeting, but hey, ya know where Dan stands.

So, let's start damage control ( yes, Virginia, we all make mistakes) where necessary, and get ready to rock and roll with our new track, and our good old reliable ones too! (I'm taking Fuller's old rain technique, MOTARD, for the rain).

dave.gallant
January 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
:roll:

glenngsxr
January 9th, 2009, 11:24 AM
A man's only as good as his word. Glenn #62

Jakeracer
January 12th, 2009, 08:06 AM

...practice what you preach

kinzler_998
January 13th, 2009, 11:23 PM

...practice what you preach

did you just really say that??? :roll:

JWinter
January 14th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I will be glad to start racing again, then this crap will stop for awhile.

cromer611
January 15th, 2009, 12:32 AM
im confused. :?