PDA

View Full Version : Track Day, who holds them?

Captain Obvious
January 4th, 2009, 07:12 PM
So I have heard about Chicane Track Days. What is their website?

Are there any other independent companies that run track days for the tracks that MRA races at?

I have seen some of the tracks hold their own open days for motorcycles, but especially for the first time out on a new track, I like being able to be shown the fast way around instead of jumping in on my own. Always willing to listen to someone faster than me for advice on lines. And there are plenty out there that are. :) E.G. I took the KSSS at Road Atlanta and rode the course on my own. I must have dropped almost 10 seconds after my first lead follow session with the instructors. FWIW, the school is expensive but def worth attending at least once.

glenngsxr
January 5th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I recommend getting in touch with Mark Schellinger from Vanmar racing. His number can be found on the website under board members. You will get an educational day of riding and be shown the fast way around from the get go. Vanmar holds open track days throughout the year and it's cost efficient as well. Glenn #62

Captain Obvious
January 5th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Thanks Glen, will do.

22 views and no other posts of recommendations? Freaking voyeurs..... :)

phildrummond
January 7th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Captain-

I did KSSS in 2004. Freakin' awesome. Expensive, yes, but you can't really put a price on free ear plugs and eating BBQ with Jamie James and Kevin Schwantz. My favorite was coming off the track and KS putting my bike on the stand for me. Sweet.

Ninja Nate
January 7th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks Glen, will do.

22 views and no other posts of recommendations? Freaking voyeurs..... :)

I've been looking as I'm interested as well. I come from Utah and riding Miller a lot. I cant say enough about how well Apex runs their trackdays, but they dont do anything here in Colorado.

Captain Obvious
January 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I did KSSS in 2004. Freakin' awesome. Expensive, yes, but you can't really put a price on free ear plugs and eating BBQ with Jamie James and Kevin Schwantz. My favorite was coming off the track and KS putting my bike on the stand for me. Sweet.

Yep, Schwantz seemed like a genuinely nice guy. The other instructor I really liked was Trey Batey. I raced on the same track at the same time on the "same" bike with Batey when the Vesrah guys were on TL1000Rs. I was astounded how much faster he could make the same machinery become. We were clearly not racing each other. :)

rybo
January 9th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Chicane is my business, and you can find our website at

www.chicanetrackdays.com

I'm still working out the schedule for 2009 but should have something up and running shortly.

As far as instruction goes, I'll agree with the above, Mark Schellenger is world class!

Hope to see you out there!

Scott

elvis8310@hotmail.com
March 8th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Trying to sign up for 20 april but it is not on your site? I use the link but it does not show, what gives? PM me please I need on the track before our first raceweekend.

dragos13
March 8th, 2009, 03:16 PM
April 20th has been removed from the Chicane calendar. There is a day coming up on March 22nd at Pueblo with Chicane.

The MRA should be holding a trackday there on April 24th, the Friday before the race weekend.

elvis8310@hotmail.com
March 8th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I have duty all day on 22 march or I would be there. I will look for the Friday training on 24 April.

bluedevil
March 25th, 2009, 01:34 PM
So is PMP not open anymore unless someone has the track rented? As in no open track days any longer?

dragos13
March 25th, 2009, 01:47 PM
So is PMP not open anymore unless someone has the track rented? As in no open track days any longer?

No open track days at PMP. Looks like Chicane and MRA will be the only bike clubs renting the track.

bluedevil
March 25th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Thanks Casey

PMP must be rollin in the dough now huh?

oldtimer
March 26th, 2009, 09:05 AM
There's a Chicane Track Day scheduled for Sunday, April 19th at PMP. That's the weekend before the first Pueblo race, so we'll probably be there. :D