PDA

View Full Version : New racer to Colorado

Captain Obvious
January 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
Howdy. Moved to Colorado last year. 09 will be my first full season. I have about 5 seasons under my belt between CCS and WERA in the SE. Took a couple season off after crashing at Roebling Roads in GA and waking up in Jacksonville, FL.

Planning on racing my 99 GSXR 750 for now, then see whats what.

Questions to begin once I read the rulebook.

Who/what are the local groups that run track days? I would like to get a day of practice on each track before racing there.

Thanks, looking forward to 09.

CurtisRR
January 3rd, 2009, 05:54 PM
Chicane Trackdays host local track days. Schedule has not been released or finalized I believe.

phildrummond
January 5th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Captain- Glad to have you. You're in the right spot. I'm riding an old WERA bike and I think you'll find the MRA to be a great club.... nicest racer folks I've ever met.

Check out the 2009 schedule in Glenn's (Gecco) announcements for race days. It sounds like each track will have a few open track days prior to racing. I'm sure a schedule will come out once we get closer to temps above freezing.

gripped
January 5th, 2009, 02:27 PM
PMP had been doing bike only track days, 2 or 3 a month. Now the track is under new ownership (I think) and I'm not quite sure what the status will be as far as track days are concerned. I contacted Ene but she doesn't seem to know what the new owners are planning either. So does anybody know what is going on a far as PMP track days for 09?