PDA

View Full Version : Any tz250 riders next year?

kangsoh
December 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Just wondering if I was going to have someone to look to for advice/help with my new ride...

Thanks!
Kang

Ray-Ray
December 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
WOW! Kang is coming back?? Come by Short Bus Race Team. We have a stable full of TZ's Where did you come across one? They are great bikes! Super fun to ride...

kangsoh
December 30th, 2008, 07:13 PM
What's up Ray! I'm going to see how things go, but my plan is to race again next season. I figure that I've been out long enough that I can come back and race as a novice again and not have anyone notice :wink: ...

I just picked up Dale Murphy's bike over Christmas so I'm itching to take it out, but I don't know the first thing about taking care of it so I'm looking for some wisdom/advice before I take it out and thrash it. Of course there's always the "bunny killer" R6 that's in bits and pieces in the garage that I can always put that back together and run that instead if need be.

Who else is riding a TZ?

marty
December 30th, 2008, 07:15 PM
what part of town are you in. i don't know tz's as well but i race half of the honda version and would be glad to help you out. i am in the arvada area

Ray-Ray
December 30th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Sweet! It will be great to have you back....

Tony Baker, Frank Diranna and Chris Coonshead are all on TZ's.

The lightweight class's are a blast!

Oh and Marty is a wealth of 2 stroke knowledge! He has a couple RS125's

kangsoh
December 30th, 2008, 07:30 PM
No doubt, it'll be good to be back at the track with everyone this year. I've been looking forward to it for awhile now. If I'm a novice this year though I don't think I can run the lightweight classes can I?

Marty- I'm in Denver on the north side, close to Federal & I-70, I'd be more than happy to trade you a beer and dinner for some of your help on working on/running the TZ..

marty
December 30th, 2008, 09:45 PM
No doubt, it'll be good to be back at the track with everyone this year. I've been looking forward to it for awhile now. If I'm a novice this year though I don't think I can run the lightweight classes can I?

Marty- I'm in Denver on the north side, close to Federal & I-70, I'd be more than happy to trade you a beer and dinner for some of your help on working on/running the TZ..

you are actually about 10 minutes from my shop :D
sent you a pm

T Baggins
December 31st, 2008, 08:57 AM
Kanger! WTF!!!!??? Good to hear you're back in the fray. Yes, do plan on pitting by us - you're gonna need some emotional support until you get things figured out. The bikes are a complete 'effing blast! I've got two, Coonshead has one and so does Frank. Plus, Randy Ray Miller swears he's going to come back and race this year - so we should be in good shape.

As a novice you can run both Modern Vintage Classes - as well as endurance. It may be fun to go beat up on some 600's in Novice class as well... Once you go expert you can run lightweight.

Also, here's a scoop for ya: USGPRU is running a West Coast Region Event at High Plains Raceway in June with us! We ran at Miller last year for the season finale - what a kick in the ass! 20 TZ250's smoking down the straight and killing mosquitos for miles!

Throttleroller277
December 31st, 2008, 11:08 AM
I've got two, Coonshead has one and so does Frank. Plus, Randy Ray Miller swears he's going to come back and race this year - so we should be in good shape.

I'm kicking the idea around............. 8)

kangsoh
December 31st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Tony- good to hear from you! I'm feeling better about getting the TZ now that I know that I'm not going to be the only obnoxious guy warming up a two-stroke early in the morning. :wink:

I'll be happy to take whatever help/advice that I can get from anyone willing to help, so count me in for pitting next to you guys next season.

I had heard about the USGPRU running at HPR- I'm looking forward to trying to run with them, though I guess it all depends on how comfortable I'm with the bike by then.

Regardless, I'm all stoked about the new bike and I'm itching to ride!

January 3rd, 2009, 06:04 AM
Sissy bikes... :lol:

Nice to hear you're still alive Kang!!!

Hoopty

kangsoh
January 4th, 2009, 04:35 PM
What's up Hoopty! Hope everything is going well! You still riding the SV, or do you have something else now?

January 6th, 2009, 04:43 AM
Been riding that old POS Honda 600 F3 in the Modern Vintage classes the last 2 years and won back to back championships in MV-U on it. Also been crashing an 03 GSXR 600 here and there. :lol:

Doughboy
January 6th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Just picked this up on Saturday. Should be fun this year...

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo237/ccallahan24/Picture003.jpg[/img]

T Baggins
January 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
what the hell is it??

polar x
January 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Thats a RS 125

Doughboy
January 6th, 2009, 01:36 PM
2009 Aprilia RS125 2 stroke. Fay Meyers said they got 3. This was the last of them and they claimed the other 2 went to people in the CO. They are sold w/o a title and 'for track use only'. Hopefully there will be more than one in the club...

marty
January 6th, 2009, 01:57 PM
i don't know if it is for kids only, but there will be a national class for those bikes next year. something like replicast cup series

hcr25
January 6th, 2009, 02:31 PM
What kind of HP does that thing make?

Doughboy
January 6th, 2009, 03:10 PM
A ferocious 33hp outta the box.

Throttleroller277
January 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM

Minus the Doughboy's weight :shock:

marty
January 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM

Minus the Doughboy's weight :shock:
minus the weight of the bike and minus callahan not want to fiddle with jets :lol:

hcr25
January 6th, 2009, 04:04 PM

And you plan on racing it?

Throttleroller277
January 6th, 2009, 04:06 PM

And you plan on racing it?

No...... just crashing it!!! 8)

Doughboy
January 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Some wise men once told me I had to slow down to go faster. Since I lack the self control to not use the juice on tap, I shrunk the keg.

JWinter
January 6th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Chris, You will drop ALOT of expense racing that little 125. I heard that Aprilia was coming out with the RS replica. It will not be as fast as an RS 125 Honda or a TZ 125 Yamaha, but that can be fixed. There is a 550cc Aprilia motard V-twin engine for sale on ebay. It will fit very nice in that RS chassis and give you about 70hp.

Jeff

Doughboy
January 6th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Chris, You will drop ALOT of expense racing that little 125. I heard that Aprilia was coming out with the RS replica. It will not be as fast as an RS 125 Honda or a TZ 125 Yamaha, but that can be fixed. There is a 550cc Aprilia motard V-twin engine for sale on ebay. It will fit very nice in that RS chassis and give you about 70hp.

Jeff

Sounds intriguing, and more and more expensive by the day! Anyone need a fresh Rotax 123 with 14.5 miles?! :shock: