PDA

View Full Version : R1 transport to Daytona? $$$

Spicee Brown
December 13th, 2008, 04:00 PM
..this is an acquantance from the shop..was wondering if he could hitch a ride ,bike only.. and help pay for transport. He has an r1 and his name is Tavin. PM me if anyone is interested with having an extra bike along (Jon?) Seems like a real nice guy, just needs to get bike to and from Daytona. He will be there Feb 27th to march 1st. Then when the races are done, you can transport the bike back to colorado! You can even ride the R1 around Daytona when he leaves march 1..thats some incentive!
Thanks all!
Enjoy the crappy snow

Jon
December 17th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Still trying to get others to hitch along as transporting myself would happen using my Sprinter and at Daytona there's a need to carry a scooter along otherwise you end up taking a long long way. Unless we get a group that justifies trailering I may either a)not go as economics don't justify the trip or b)just having another person carry my bike and I fly in like a rockstar, always the preferred method!

Spicee Brown
December 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Jon,
You are a rockstar! thanks for the reply. Lemme know what you figger out!
Dave

Jon
December 17th, 2008, 07:30 PM
With my two young-guns these days, short of my bike tagging along it's looking bleak. I would tell your buddy to look for bike transport through some of the various carriers Allied Van lines for one. Price generally runs about $500 per way.

Spicee Brown
December 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Thanks Jon, Hope you have fun with the boys this holiday.
Didja hear Honda pulling oputta DMG last week?
Bombshell From Superbike planet.com