PDA

View Full Version : Bimota DB7 Oronero a symphony in carbon fiber????

JohnGarc
December 10th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Ok, before I google this. Can anyone tell me of a Bimota Superbike or of an exotica ever achieving wolrd superbike or motogp history??? I mean these bikes are supposed to be the crem ala crem of motorcyles, right. So how come the company does not race them??? Just a thought...

Jon
December 10th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Bimoto was heavily involved in racing during the first five years or so of the World Superbike Series, with a fellow named David Tardalso (SP?, I know I f^cked it up) then they got out until like the 2001-2003 or so when a fellow won a very damp World Superbike race in Australia riding a Bimoto SP8. Fellows name was Anthony Gobert. He liked to get all smoked up, drank and lost about every paid gig he ever had by screwing up. He was Aaron and Alex's older brother, could ride like hell and won World Superbike, AMA races and even sat me and my crew at a restaurant in Phoenix AZ one time during a AMA race weekend. He was a bit of a joker but boy could he ride and could have been a World Champ. but he lost his ride in 500 GP too.
Now days Bimoto's reentering a very tough market with a very pricey but cool bike. We'll see how long it lasts. Do google them as they competed and did fairly well way back in the day in WSB.

cu260r6
December 11th, 2008, 11:06 AM
On the bike that guy's will to win was unquestionalbe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF2hz73u5Zk shame he couldn't get his life together:(

Spicee Brown
December 12th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the post, Charles,, Didja the the recent Goey interview on You tube? Just looks like a street walker..but he's thin and clean shaven! What a shame about his life. Im working on getting a scanner to scan allmy fave racers that I ve got pics with, Schwantz, Russell..Oliver and Goey. Fan boy extraordinairre. Ill post them
That wet race on the Bimota in Phillip was their last claim to fame(DB8SK? Tell me if Im right, Jon)..besides their horribly flawed V-Due 2 stroke ..I mean the hot set up was to ditch the FI and put CARBS on it! By then the damage was done

JimWilson29
December 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
That wet race on the Bimota in Phillip was their last claim to fame(DB8SK? Tell me if Im right, Jon)..besides their horribly flawed V-Due 2 stroke ..I mean the hot set up was to ditch the FI and put CARBS on it! By then the damage was done

That was the SB8R with Suzuki TL1000 based vtwin motor. There was a local accupuncturist here in Denver that had 3 of them. He had them for sale not too long ago.

http://www.baldwinmotors.com/images/rightside.jpg

JohnGarc
December 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Wow, thats great guys. I did some research about them after my post and was thrilled by the history Bimota had on motorcycle racing back in the day. Those TL's were pretty sweet engines. They sure make some bad a$$ bikes. Thanks for all the information.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 14th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Those TL's were pretty sweet engines.
Were and are. I have a rather substantially built one in my garage right now - needing a good home.

Jon
December 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Jimbo,
I actually have a stands for these engines that fit them perfectly as I welded them to fit. I never got around to powder coating or painting the one but it's yours if interested. So let me know maybe Dwain could pick it up at BMS when he picks his bike etc. up?

jplracing
December 14th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Jon

If Jim doesn't want it I will take the engine stand.

Joe

Jon
December 15th, 2008, 11:52 AM
No problem, consider it yours