PDA

View Full Version : I'm Hungry !

kfm61
November 7th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hey, When is the banquet ?

T Baggins
November 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
It was last Saturday... I was wondering why you weren't there to claim your trophy - which you so deservedly won - on the mighty Thruxton.

just kiddin. It's January 3rd at the Renaissance on Quebec.

kfm61
November 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM
WHEW !!!

For a minute there I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to stay up to my race weight over the winter!!

Oh, and by the way, I'm gettin' TWO tropies from riding the mighty Thruxton!! Unless you've used one for a cutting board already!

See you at the banquet! :D

Racing616
November 7th, 2008, 03:55 PM
He gave your trophy to me, get back to work!

Jon
November 7th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Isn't the banquet sometime next year?

kfm61
November 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM
He gave your trophy to me, get back to work!

Yes sir boss, right away I get back to work now.... Hey, what are you doing online ?!?! I want my trophy back! [-X

Jon
November 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM
As the banquet is nothing but a money drain to the club and it's members why don't we sh^tcan it this year and put the money towards either GetwellClarkie or HPR? As Aaron and his family faces a tough road ahead I believe Aaron desrves it most. What do you guys think?

polar x
November 8th, 2008, 03:17 PM
:? Are you saying its a bad idea and a drain to the clubs already poor (weak) financial standing? OR are you saying we could do something better with the money?

Just asking.

Jon
November 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I believe given the condition of Aaron and the position of the club that the money could be better spent elsewhere and that given his growing medical bills he'd be my first choice, HPR and it's facilities second.

Jon
November 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM
And no, I am not saying I don't enjoy the banquet, not complaining about the price, the food, the trophies, the facilities, the camaraderie, or nothing else. As a matter a fact the food and facilities have been great the past couple years and though the price is a bit steep it's a good but loong evening and the price can be understood considering what it takes to make an event like that happen.

T Baggins
November 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
I can understand the sentiment of whether or not the banquet is the best use of the MRA's resources - especially given the recent events with Aaron and the need for money at HPR. Truth be told, the banquet has NEVER been a good use of the MRA's resources - but I don't think that we should abandon it for 2008, even with our other challenges.

Since we don't do an actual trophy presentation at any of the race events any more, this is the one time a year we really get to celebrate our love for the sport, our accomplishments, and honor our champions.

For some of us, the actual receipt of the awards are not as important as it might be to others (maybe 'cause we've won a few already over the last decade or two). But for the newer guys and gals, or those who have been trying FOREVER to finish in the Top 5 - this is their night to shine. I don't think it would be fair to take that away from them. Also, we honor many of the supporters and volunteers who have served the club without much or any recognition on that night - and they deserve the applause as much or more than any of us racers.

Jon is right, the food and facilities have gotten much better the last few years. Along with that, unfortunately, the prices have increased quite a bit too. It's tough to find a venue that will give us "run of the place", feed about 200 people, and offer adequate space and facilities to do our awards presentation - at any price.

Logistically, we would lose even more money if we cancelled the banquet at this point than if we went ahead and held it because of the contract having been signed for many months. And we're still compelled to provide the trophies and whatnot - even if there would be no banquet - and they make up more than 50% of the total cost of the banquet.

If you would rather donate money to HPR or Clarkie instead of attending the banquet, I can totally understand and respect that. As for me, I'll try to do a little of each and support (albeit in a small way) each of the causes important to me.

Jon
November 11th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Thanks for pointing it out and yes having been to more than a couple of these little get togethers they are a good opportunity to sit back, reflect, thank sponsors and enjoy a good meal at a more relaxed pace then racedays allow but be for-warned I'm going to take my sweetass time thanking my sponsors this year and hopefully I won't have the flu this time around like last year!

ZiaThunder
December 4th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Any more info available? I'd like to take a weekend off and head up there for this.

dragos13
December 4th, 2008, 05:25 PM
It was last Saturday... I was wondering why you weren't there to claim your trophy - which you so deservedly won - on the mighty Thruxton.

just kiddin. It's January 3rd at the Renaissance on Quebec.

ZiaThunder
December 4th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Yeah, that was helpful! :roll:

Anyone else have MORE info then that available? :P

This would be the first MRA banquet I get to attend, I was hoping for a more verbose response. Like, is there tickets, what is the cost, a start time, and maybe directions to the location since I don't live in CO. :idea:

Hotrod
December 4th, 2008, 05:58 PM
We dont want no stinkin outta staters.... :D

ZiaThunder
December 4th, 2008, 07:34 PM
:cry:

Luv ya too

The GECCO
December 4th, 2008, 08:05 PM
We'll have an announcement about buying tickets as soon as the web page is ready, should be in the next few days.

T Baggins
December 5th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah, that was helpful! :roll:

Anyone else have MORE info then that available? :P

This would be the first MRA banquet I get to attend, I was hoping for a more verbose response. Like, is there tickets, what is the cost, a start time, and maybe directions to the location since I don't live in CO. :idea:

Go North about 390 miles. Turn right and go East about 4 miles. Turn Right, take your first exit - go straight across both intersections and the train tracks - the hotel is on the right.

Does that help?? :lol:

ZiaThunder
December 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Go North about 390 miles. Turn right and go East about 4 miles. Turn Right, take your first exit - go straight across both intersections and the train tracks - the hotel is on the right.

Does that help?? :lol:

:lol:

Yes, actually it does. Thank you!!!

I don't care what "they" say you really are a nice guy. :wink: