PDA

View Full Version : **UPDATED 2/10** Weekend Volunteers Needed for HPR!

The GECCO
November 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
***EDIT 2/10 There is a big push by organizer Ted Winning to get this project completed by the end of February. The last of the tires and all the necessary hardware are ON SITE so all that's left is to get them bolted together. This is a very reasonable goal, we just need a few bodies out there to donate some time. For the most part they are working Friday, Saturday and Sunday every weekend. You can see more info on the chat forums here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com and there is a calendar here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/calendar Lunch and water are provided for all workers. PLEASE lend a hand to help YOUR track meet it's goals!! THANK YOU!!

***EDIT 12/17 There is now a chat forums specifically dedicated to organizing labor out at the track to assemble tire walls. Please check out http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/ and get signed up to help!

As of December 10th we have only completed about 12% of the amount of assembled tires that will be necessary to open the facility. PLEASE HELP!! Lunches are being provided!

***EDIT 11/18 We now have all the hardware necessary for bolting tires together so it's time to get cracking on that. From now on the tire deliveries WILL happen on Fridays at 9am, anyone who can help with those would be greatly appreciated. HOWEVER, the backbone of this whole effort will be getting bodies out there to bolt tires together. We need as many people as we can for the next several weekends.

The tire bolting work will be going on both Saturdays and Sundays, starting at 9am and going until everyone is ready to quit. Let me know when you can help out!

Please bring:
Hat, gloves, snacks, drinks and your best racing lies

Also, if you have a 3/8" electric drill (even better if it's one of the 90 degree angle drills), bring it along. Rechargeable is fine, or bring an extension cord, there will be a generator on site.

***EDIT 11/12 Starting next week the delivery trucks will be arriving on Fridays instead of Saturdays so the Saturday unloading help will not be needed. HOWEVER, by that time we should have all the hardware on site to begin bolting the tires together so we can do that on Saturdays and Sundays. I will leave the schedule as-is for now and once I know more about what days/hours they will be doing the bolting I will let everyone know and start getting more people lined up.

Over the next couple months we will be receiving truckloads of tires for tire walls at HPR. These are brand new "blem" tires, so even though they are tires it's not terribly nasty work (as it would be if they were all used :shock: ) A truckload will arrive each Saturday at approximately 9:00am and the tires need to be unloaded and sorted/stacked. Once we have most of the tires there and have amassed the hardware to bolt them together we will also begin assembling them.

Right now each of the 5 clubs needs to send 2-3 people out each Saturday to unload/sort. Last Saturday it took less than 2 hours to empty the truck and sort the tires which is all that needs to happen right now. However, soon I will need to get people together for the tire-bolting parties. More on that later.

SCCA member Ted Winning has been put in charge of this whole thing and will be on site to direct the action, all he needs is the labor. So, I need 2-3 people for each of the following Saturdays:

11/8 - Jon Kuo, Jim Pantera
11/15 - Brownie, Ara, Casey Dragos
11/22 - Mark Bohn, Peter Emsley, Tom Lily, Jon Glaefke
11/23 - Vinnie, Kip, Joe Smith
11/29 - Jim Brewer, Jim Wilson, Alex Kuretz, Chris Dale
11/30
12/6 - Tom Lilly
12/7
12/13
12/14
12/20 - Jeff Winter
12/21
12/27
12/28

Please reply here if you can help out and I will populate the list. Remember that this is OUR track and we, the members, need to work together to make a Spring opening a reality so please step up and help!!

toptier
November 5th, 2008, 02:31 PM
I can help this Saturday 11/8

Throttleroller277
November 5th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I will be in Salt Lake this weekend, but I can definitely do the 15th. 8)

Slider
November 5th, 2008, 03:55 PM
happy to help, count me in for the 15th as well

Ara

JWinter
November 5th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Put me down for 12/20 or 12/27.

Jeff

Spicee Brown
November 7th, 2008, 11:20 AM
You make it a sunday, Ill be in to help. Gotta sling bikes on Saturdays. Sorry. I still havnt even seen the track.

Mark Schellinger
November 7th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Why do we need WALLS ?

Don't we know WALLS are dangerous ?

The GECCO
November 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Yup, but they will be needed to keep vehicles A) out of the riverbed on the west side of the track, B) as a barrier to keep vehicles that may leave one part of the track from having any chance of crossing another part of the track and C) to line the outside of the corner worker stations.

We are still working on the run-off areas in a few places, we knew that no matter what was visualized and drawn a lot of the final product would be created by simply standing on the track and looking at the turns.

mbohn
November 8th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Peter Emsley and I will be there on 11/22.

The GECCO
November 8th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Thanks, everyone, keep em coming!

dragos13
November 10th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Put me on the list for this Saturday, 11/15.

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
November 10th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I can do 11/29. I'll need to work off the turkey dinner!

JimWilson29
November 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'll come out on 11/29 to make sure Jim Brewer doesn't pass out from overexerting himself after eating all that turkey.

akuretz
November 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I can do 11/29 also. Jim, wanna carpool?

Throttleroller277
November 10th, 2008, 02:18 PM

Woo Hoo!!!................ Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to the tit we go!!........... 8)

Slider
November 10th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Woo Hoo!!!................ Hi Ho, Hi Ho, off to the tit we go!!........... 8)

Racings about being prepared. finding the tit in Byers now, means were just one step ahead :wink:

Throttleroller277
November 10th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Racings about being prepared. finding the tit in Byers now, means were just one step ahead :wink:

"Being prepared"............

That's why I am thinking about starting me up a mobile Tit............. I'm gonna call it "Pole Position!" :lol: 8)

Scored51
November 11th, 2008, 11:10 AM
If there isn't a max, please put me down for the 11/29 as well! I should have recovered from the tryptophan coma by then.

phildrummond
November 12th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Glen- I can do 12/6. Jon G- join me?

Tom Lilly

The GECCO
November 18th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Bump

More volunteers needed, now on Sundays too!!

phildrummond
November 18th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Put me down for this Sat, 11/22. I'll have to roll out by 3pm. I'll have a cordless w/ 2 batteries and a charger. Keep me on for 12/6, too.

Tom Lilly

VParra '06EquipMgr
November 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Hey Glenn,

I can do Sunday, 11.23.08 - I can also give anyone a ride/carpool, they just need to contact me via cell or PM.

I'll bring a drill and extension cord.

Vince

VParra '06EquipMgr
November 18th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hey Glenn,

I can do Sunday, 11.23.08 - I can also give anyone a ride/carpool, they just need to contact me via cell or PM.

I'll bring a drill and extension cord.

Vince

Jon
November 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Glenn,
I can be there early Saturday 11/22 with tools to help bolt tires together. Let me know if you still need me and if I need to bring anything besides my smiling face. thanks, Jon

The GECCO
November 19th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Jon, there is no limit to the number of people needed each day since there is now plenty to do besides just unload a truck. I'll put you down for the 22nd, please bring your drill and extension cord. If you have a small generator that may not hurt as well, you can never have too much juice!

Jon
November 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Bringing my EU 2000 personal generator along with my extension cord and 3/8" drill. The radio too! CU Saturday

Jon
November 21st, 2008, 05:12 PM
Just confirming Saturday AM (11/22) bright and early, should be a bit brisk, probably be wearing my ski gear!

KipBook
November 21st, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'll be rollin in with Vinny this Sunday (11/23)

I'll bring beer too unless there are objections! http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/party/party0016.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-confused-smileys.php)

phildrummond
November 24th, 2008, 08:46 PM
I have to back out of Dec 6, since I have to work. Having helped last weekend, I know there's plenty to do so I'll just show up a few more times, likely this Saturday if that works.

Ted said about 10,000 more tires were coming so come on out guys and let's get this done before the weather turns bad.

Jon
November 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Glenn,
I don't have my boys on 11/29 and can be there to help. I wrote and offered to supply the hardware and arrange that an ample supply be available for these bolting parties in order to assure that last Saturdays dilemma is avoided. Can we confirm that this is handled or should I take care of this? I haven't heard hide or hair back.
To anyone reading and just to let you know. Corded tools are better than cordless and the added torque really hepls speed things up. I bring my Honda EU 2000, a extension cord and a radio. Hoping to hear back and get caught up

The GECCO
November 26th, 2008, 10:38 PM
Jon,

Ted assures us that he has made arrangements so that we will not run out of any hardware again, he was pretty embarrassed about that.

Everyone - we need more people each weekend to get this done, please get involved with your new track!

hcr25
November 28th, 2008, 02:19 PM
what is sunday looking like? I think i can get out there then
mike

Jon
November 28th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Weather for Byers is high wind 15-25 MPH high of 45, low of 23

Jon
November 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Sundays highs 46 low of 28 mostly cloudy. Good thing is that on a 10% chance of precipitation both Sat and Sunday.

JimWilson29
November 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Jim Brewer, Alex Kuretz and myself were there this morning. They ran out of hardware about 10:30am. :( Alex was able to do some hot laps on his bicycle, though. 8)

hcr25
November 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
will they have hardware for tomorrow?

JimWilson29
November 29th, 2008, 01:45 PM
will they have hardware for tomorrow?

i dont believe they will have more hardware by tomorrow but maybe Glenn can confirm that. they also said they were not planning on coming out tomorrow since no one had signed up. they did say they were very receptive to doing Sundays since there was some interest from the MRA.

phildrummond
November 29th, 2008, 10:09 PM
I got an email from Ted Winning today and no work Sunday. No hardware left. He said there will be no more hardware problems after he secures the next bunch of hardware this week. Another work weekend with plenty to do Fri to Sun, Dec 5-7. Fri is unloading and Sat-Sun is bolting.

JimWilson29
November 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
HPR Tire Bundling Bulletin Board - http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/

akuretz
December 1st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Jim Brewer, Alex Kuretz and myself were there this morning. They ran out of hardware about 10:30am. :( Alex was able to do some hot laps on his bicycle, though. 8)

That was my first visit to the track, what an awesome layout! I had fun biking it even though the wind was freezing me and the snow flurries stung my eyes. Those uphill sections are a nice workout, we'll need to keep the momentum up going into them, especially on the lightweight bikes. It was disappointing to not get more done, but hopefully the hardware issue is resolved and I'll try to make it down for another day in a few weeks.

mbohn
December 1st, 2008, 05:55 PM
Thought I'd go out Friday (12/5) and toss a few hundred tires around. Anyone want to carpool ??? :idea:

Jim 'smooth' Brewer
December 6th, 2008, 09:09 AM
HPR Tire Bundling Bulletin Board - http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/

Definitely hit up that forum for more info. Ted Winning (the tire coordinator) is trying to do most communication, sign up, etc. there.

I asked him if he could post progress on the tire walls - he said he'd try. When UglyDog, Alex, and I were there, he mentioned something in the single digit percentage .. :-(. Lots of work to do!

mbohn
December 6th, 2008, 09:26 AM
Yeah, I've been using that web site.

We unloaded a truck yesterday, bundled a bunch of tires, and filled in the wall outside T3. There were about a dozen of us playing in the snow.

Ted said the completion statistics would be a little grim. He's received 5000 tires with another 8000 to come yet. Deliveries will continue into Feb. He definitely needs more volunteers.

polar x
December 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
From what I read, if he would quit running out of hardware he could get more done.

mbohn
December 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
From what I read, if he would quit running out of hardware he could get more done.
Chris:

That was not a problem yesterday. Looks like he's got tons of hardware now. We worked from 8:30 to 3:30 with no hitches.

What he needs now are warm bodies.

Mark

The GECCO
December 17th, 2008, 11:39 AM
See first post updated 12/17!! 8)

VParra '06EquipMgr
December 23rd, 2008, 11:01 PM
Hey Glen, Just an FYI . . .

I'll help out on Sunday, 12-28-08.

If anyone needs a ride, call me at 970-405-8718 by Saturday, 12-27-08.

I will go to the web site and sign up there.

The GECCO
January 6th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Just a heads up that Volunteers are still needed to keep the tire project going. The weather is supposed to be pretty decent this weekend - mid to upper 40's and sunny. We are just over halfway done with the tire bolting which is simply AWESOME, but it also means there is still a fair amount of work to do. Volunteers are dwindling and a big push from the MRA this weekend would be terrific.

Please remember that you can get the latest information about the project and "sign up" if you want to here --> http://hprtireguys.yuku.com/directory

The GECCO
February 10th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Please see updated first post